Mac Mistake on "Joey"

Discussion in 'Community' started by SilentPanda, Oct 14, 2004.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

So I was watching "Joey" tonight and noticed that near the beginning of the episode when Joey goes in for the audition he speaks loudy to some lady. She has a new cinema display or iMac on her desk. However in a shot a few seconds later she has an eMac on her desk! She then has an iMac/Cinema display... right after when Joey says, "You mean children?" it cuts to a wider shot and you can see the eMac... otherwise it's an iMac... hehehe

I have it on my Tivo so if I get ambitious tomorrow (and don't accidentally) delete it maybe I'll create a small vid cap.

:D

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Such problems often arise when you watch Friends or Friends derivatives. It's like crack--that **** just ****s you up. :D

3. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    Very ture :rolleyes: ... Minaswell "be poping them pills", I can;t stand to watch it for more the a few minuts.... I just hate it....

4. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Um, despite those last two posts... I noticed that too! I don't watch the show, and I only watched friends when my roommate watched it, but I did happen to catch that tonight :rolleyes: :)

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Haven't seen the show. But at least they were Macs :D But do post some video clips if you can :)

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

My wife thinks I'm crazy when I point out Macs on TV shows... she doesn't get it. She thinks, "who would care?", not realizing that "I" care!

I love to see them...

7. guernica macrumors newbie

*all nervous about very first post, gets himself together*

I saw the goof too and made some screenshots from a HDTV rip (I download all the episodes, because Dutch television isn't airing the show yet)

So first we see a cinema display:
    [​IMG]

One shot later:
    [​IMG]

So, not as spectacular as Jon Stewart on Crossfire, but hey..

Attached Files:

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Nice work there guernica!!

And welcome to MacRumors! :)

9. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

My wife won't even look at that Old Navy commercial anymore, the one where the whole office has iMac G4 computers. She hates it when I point out Macs, and calls me a geek (She says it like it's a bad thing...?). So, naturally, I point them out whenever possible, like a dutiful husband! :D

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, I think it's pretty clear what was shot last summer, and what was re-shot recently! It's also a different desk, different season and/or time of day (note outside shadows), there's different artwork on the wall, etc.

But, of course, we all notice the Macs first! ;)

11. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I'm exactly the same! I get excited even when they airbrush the apple logo and I've ruined many '24' sessions! Luckily my girlfriend just finds it amusing! :)

12. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Well, since we are pointing out Macs on TV, I may as well mention a sighting on Will & Grace (which is on right after Joey). The first sighting I beleive was 3 weeks ago when Jack gets a job at a new Gay TV network. In his office he has a PowerMac G5 and an aluminum display. In the following week's episode, the G5 and Cinena Display have been replaced by an Aluminum PowerBook.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Those Friends prop guys are taking this whole "i before e" thing way too seriously. :rolleyes:

14. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Since we're talking about it I thought I'd point out that I've seen two different iPods on "Joey", one on "Will and Grace" and one on "Scrubs".

Go Apple!

:D

15. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

Seriosuly.. what is it with macintosh people and looking for "mac things" :p "OMFG so and so on so and so show had an ipod. W00t! :p

16. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Well, I do the same thing with Ford Mustangs if that makes a difference. :rolleyes:

17. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Because with Apple's low market share (NOT 3%, more like 13% total) it is really cool to see their stuff. And they look neat. And who doesn't like the way Apple is going, overall...I point out every Mac I see to my friends, to the point where they are amazed/annoyed how I know when that iMac G3 came out, its specs, etc.

Are you jealous? ;) iPods are neat!

18. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

It's Apple's new marketing technique to get all their products like maximum exposure. :p

scem0

19. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

haha, that was an awesome show! He really gave them a run for their money :)

20. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

btw, to clear up the original poster's confusion, its definitely a cinema display.

you can see the G5 under the desk

21. roadapple macrumors regular

I can't believe Joey would put up with this, apple monitor your marketing inconsistencies, it may affect my usage.

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I do the same thing.

You know that makes us both dorks? ;)

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Also, on Joey. His nephew has a Powerbook.

I really need to get out more.

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

John Stewart rules. Anyone who goes on Crossfire and mouths off like that should be given a medal.

25. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Apart from Mac inconsistencies, what is 'Joey' like? Funny?