1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

mac monitor on pc

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by thecube84, Feb 17, 2002.

1. macrumors member

does anyone know how to connect a macintosh monitor (ie apple 15 av) to a pc (vga 486... ooh it looks so ugly in my room with all my apple posters.) i would like to replace the crappy svga display with a nice pretty mac monitor. any ideas???

i saw a vga-mac adapter on ebay, but the auction ran out before i had a chance to buy it :(

2. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Which model monitor are you talking about?? There are adapters to allow old Apple monitors to be connected to either newer Mac systems, or even *shudder* peecee's. They used to come with G3 blue and white systems, but I am sure that someone is still making them. Check around, they should be fairly cheap to aquire.

3. macrumors 68020

mymemory

You have to call a very experience Apple store. I had one of thouse adaptors, they are like the VGA to Mac but backwards.

Look in the internet first, but look at it as a Mac feature.

They are more popular right now because early G4 came with VGA out put and people had Apple monitors yet.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

That would be the puppy... I have a draw full of them at work, since they used to come with G3 blue and white systems as well as the laptops.

6. macrumors member

OUT BID

well would you mind givin me one?

no im serious becuase i just got out bid

that stinks

thecube87@mac.com

(draw full of em)