Mac Mouse BT keeps losing connection

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by GlynJones, Jul 2, 2005.

1. GlynJones macrumors 6502

Jun 15, 2005
    Another day another problem :rolleyes:

I've had the Mac Mouse for a couple of months now and it's beginning to drive me up the wall. It keeps losing the connection and I have to switch it off and back on to get it re-established.

The mouse and keyboard are about 2 metres away from the Powermac.

Anyone else had problems?
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005

I haven't had any problems, but maybe your mouse batteries are low? Try replacing them and see what happens.
  3. GlynJones thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 15, 2005
    Its the batteries. Even though I've hardly used it and had it less than a month. Checked the date and they expired 2004/10.

This is from a brand new mouse. Looks like they send out old batteries with them. Not good but at least it's working fine now.
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    It happens from time to time. If you've had it less than a month, and they sent it with batteries that expire on 10/04, feel free to call and complain, and ask them to send you new batteries.

FWIW, my original batteries lasted a long, long it isn't systematic. The one you had had probably just been sitting on a stock shelf for a long time.
  5. eAspenwood macrumors member

Feb 20, 2005
    I've had mine for 4 months, and its lost connection about 20 times. I've had to switch the batteries 3 times. Keyboard does it to, but not as frequently.

Sometimes it doesn't reconnect by turning off and on again, so the quickest way i've found to reconnect it is to click on the "Browse Device" option of the bluetooth icon, and then click both the "Search" and "Browse" buttons, one after another.

Annoying, but it hasn't bothered me in enough to research whether its a common problem or not. Looks like it may be. Maybe'll I'll just put a reminder in my palm to pre-emptively switch batteries every 4 weeks or so. yuck.

I didn't consider cost-of-ownership with these bluetooth devices before buying them. Still would have purchased them, because its much easier to deal with a monthly battery switch than everday dealing with cables.

-- J.