mac mouse pc compatability

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wala, Jun 9, 2005.

1. macrumors member

Jun 3, 2005
    I saw in another forum that Mac keyboards can be used on PCs. Has anyone tried that for the mouse?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I used my Apple mouse with my roommate's Dull laptop, and it worked fine.

That being said, I felt bad for my mouse because it had to be connected to the Dull :p
  3. macrumors 65816

Jan 25, 2005
  4. macrumors regular

Sep 22, 2004
    Chico, CA
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Jun 3, 2005
  6. macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2005
    sour. what works for mac works for PeeC.
    thank the lord it isnt the other way around, as i post this on my ibm thinkpad. hehe.
  7. Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    Whakatane, New Zealand
    I was borrowing my mum's Windows laptop once, and I didn't want to use the laptop keyboard so I plugged in my Apple keyboard and mouse. All went fine until I tried to control-click :rolleyes:

Fortunately the internal trackpad has two buttons.

Related question: Back in the mid-90s, I had heard that the right mouse button was a 'shortcut button' to let you quickly get at common commands. How do you do an 'Arrange by Name' on the desktop icons without using the shortcut menu?

Or, for that matter, how do you open an item on the desktop? After all, a double-click is the shortcut for 'perform the default action'.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2004
    Many years, many machines

Yup - I've been using Mac keyboards and mice on Wintel machines since the current mice (post hockey pucks) came out.

It's kind of funny - on some machines, they work flawlessly. On others, you can't even get it to accept your typed letters without a driver. But, I guess that's why it's called "plug 'n pray". :)

So, yes, use your Mac input devices. Your joints will thank you!