Mac Music Help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Nuke2000, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Nuke2000 macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2004
    Hello Iam in the middle of building a house and i add a home audio setup form

I add speekers in every room of my house. I want to use my G4 mac to play the music thought the house. But i don't now how to do that.

The speekers use cat5 from all the rooms and runs then to one place i picked out. what i want to do is play one play list for each room. My kids don't want to hear my music. Do i need to get a computer for each kid for there playlist. Or is there a program and some hardware i can get to play 4 plays list on one computer to each room ?
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Um, which program are you going to use anyway. Because I don't know any Mac program that plays over CAT5 Cable. Plus, you are asking for something like a 5 disc cd player to play 4 different disks to 4 different rooms. It doesn't work that way, and I don't believe anyone had done this yet. The Apple AE works great for playing music to one room in the house at a time from a single computer without running wires, but that is even one room at a time.
  3. Nuke2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2004
    Well i did some looking at the model home. And there setup they have for the sound in all rooms is.

They have the cat5 pluged in to a patch panel and it looked like just one L,R, and ground comeing out.

When my house gettes closer to be done i will ask to them to do it for more zones so i have L,R, and ground comeing out for each room.

Then i want to get a computer and have it play mp3 to all the zones but play different playlist in each zone
  4. Nuke2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2004
    ok here is a update

My house is almost done all wire is done if you read my first post i want to make a mp3 server for my house to use different playlist for each zoon.

Like one for each room in the house this is for the kids i have 3 they all like there own music to play in there room. I had speekers installed and a volume controler. I want to use one computer i been reading i could use 3 sound cards. But the wires coming from each room are -L,+L,-R,+R is there something i can plug them in to ?

Like a mp3 sever boxs or make plugs from them and plug them in to the sounds cards. i will have to take some pic for you all to see it.