Mac-n-Jesus.net

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by tov, May 15, 2004.

1. tov macrumors newbie

2. Saad macrumors member

Saad

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Nice site.

I love sites that are simple and easy to navigate. Evidently the design is based on Randyweaver PHP.

4. Ozi macrumors regular

Ozi

its a cool looking site! nice to see a website covering 2 big interests of mine!

Disturbingly, however, the website is linked to "www.milleniafever.com" (click on "the truth shall set you free" at the bottom of the main page) and this website predicts the end of the world, citing earthquakes, atomic bombs and the presence of Islam to be among the precursors to the apocolypse... :eek: :( :mad:

So yeah that makes the website a whole lot wierder... :confused:

5. tov thread starter macrumors newbie

cool thanks

1- the look- is based on iTunes
    --- http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver.php

2- the banner is a simple snapshot of a mac aqua theme (cross and all)

3- www.macnjesus.net is non-denominational
    ---all viewpoints welcome

4- Jesus said he was coming back when the Gospel was preached in all nations. Wycliffe Bible translators have set a goal for the year 2025. What are the other signs you aks? Visit www.millenniafever.org

6. Saad macrumors member

Saad

Wow. Wildly offensive. I thought the christian God loved everyone, and that there was basic good in all men. I guess I was wrong. :)

7. tov thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct: you are wrong

God loves you but...

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Matt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    Matt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
    Ps 79:6 Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name.
    Rev 16:1 ...pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

8. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

God does love everyone. He wants everyone to spend eternity with him in paradise rather than in eternal suffering in hell. However, since the the original sin of Adam and Eve, all of mankind in damned to hell. Fortunately though, God had a plan. He sent his only son to live among us, live a perfect life, and die unjustly. With his resurrection from the dead he took all of our sins with him so that we can be in heaven when we die. That is the shortest explanation of my Lutheran Christian belief, now please let's not turn this thread into a religious battle. You can't know for certain if your faith is in vain until you die, until then you must believe!

I like the design of the site. Very simple.

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Just as we are seeing that Islam is being perverted (hope that this doesn't push this into a political forum), there are many interpretations of the Word. No mater what religion you are.

The Word is being used in all arenas IMO to push their agenda. Even as a former theology student, I saw that the Word was interpreted to serve what ever purpose that those wanted to take.

This may be offensive to those that believe that the Word is "Word". But they have to admit that the "Word" has been translated by the hand of GOD (or other supreme being), and as such should be viewed with suspect.

The basic tenants are there. We need to work past some of the self-serving aspects.

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I agree where you are coming from.

I am not trying to put this in to a battle. Just showing that our own beliefs are not always the total answer. Much as as i was growing up, the lack of a "savior" in the Hebrew faith was not a failing, or that belief in Buddha or others were not a failure in the true belief in a "God". They are interruptions of the common "Word".

There are basics like "Do unto others...", He who is without sin...", and even my parents had the saying of "Two wrongs do not make arighT".; hold true no mater what the religion you subscribe to.

11. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

ok, im tired of religion trying to be everywhere...im sick of people trying to put god into every hobby there is or any object or club or activity there is, and who do i blame? religious people...religious people are always looking for ways to attract other people to join their religion...it sickens me, personally i dont do that at all, i dont go around telling people to convert to being an Atheist, but seriously when religious people try to take over everything, it sucks the fun out of anything...so stop doing it! and if you do it, stop saying that your always right about everything...seriously i just hate that...so if your going to make a site like this, go ahead, but when you say that your always right and that the world is going to end and all that stuff...its not going to happen...so stop living in your fairy tale and start living the real life...reality

12. tov thread starter macrumors newbie

forums are all about free speech

forums are all about free speech
    so get over it
    i believe what i believe
    many many people believe Jesus is Savior
    and there are good reasons too

The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
    and
    Reasons by Josh McDowell

i could go on & on...

The Case for Christ records Lee Strobel's attempt to "determine if there's credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God." The book consists primarily of interviews between Strobel (a former legal editor at the Chicago Tribune) and biblical scholars such as Bruce Metzger. Each interview is based on a simple question, concerning historical evidence (for example, "Can the Biographies of Jesus Be Trusted?"), scientific evidence, ("Does Archaeology Confirm or Contradict Jesus' Biographies?"), and "psychiatric evidence" ("Was Jesus Crazy When He Claimed to Be the Son of God?"). Together, these interviews compose a case brief defending Jesus' divinity, and urging readers to reach a verdict of their own...

Evidence That Demands a Verdict By: Josh McDowell
    Description: The best-selling defense of Christianity! McDowell presents scholarly, intelligent, and well-grounded answers to challengers of the historical accuracy and integrity of the Bible. His ''reasons to believe'' will intrigue non-believers and give Christians ready explanations for their faith. Valuable for students, pastors, and lay leaders. 387 pages, softcover from Nelson.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

But is this any different from the GLBT (GAY/Lesbian/Bi-sexual/Transgender) SIG? Or or SIG's that are geared towards African-Americans, NASCAR dads, Hebrews, Islamics, Buddhists, or any other special interest group?

Personally I think that the segregation that we do amongst ourselves is leading us to the divide that the will further fracture our nation and the world.

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Don't get bent out of shape. You cannot stop the stupidity. It's just one more mythology--anyone is free to believe it or not. Personally, I believe that their god would be angry knowing what a joke they've made her out to be.

Be glad that you don't live around here where they push religion in your face constantly. What happened to Freedom of Religion? These people don't realise that it works both ways.

15. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

ok, i myself have no problem with people believing in what they want to believe, personally, if whatever makes you happy, you do that...its just when you go around preaching that your religion is the best and that it has all the answers, thats what makes me mad and i think it makes others mad aswell. now since this is a forum with freedom of speech, i respect that you made a site devoted to your god and to your favorite computer, but when you start preaching about the "truth" and being always right, that seems a bit 1 sided to me, a little narrow and self centered and ignorant, i think your god would like for you to be more open and accept people different than you and not trying to convert everyone into what you think is right.

16. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

This is disrespectful and uncalled for.

Freedom OF Relgion not Freedom FROM Religion. Frankly I agree with the above poster. How is the attempt to spread your belief in God any different than peoples attempt to try and convince religious people that being gay is ok? Or vegetarians trying to tell people not to eat meat? Or any host of other beliefs.

This country is about freedom to express yourself, not freedom to not be offended. And while there need to be reasonable limits to maintain societal order, that doesn't mean you get to tell others not to be able to speak about their beliefs.

Now if they are breaking down your door and forcing you to read the bible, or coming up to you and physically getting in your face, they have crossed the line, but the actions of a few extremeists do NOT represent what Christianity is all about. Anymore than the actions of a few eco-terrorists represent what environmentalists are all about, or Al-Qaida representing what Islam is all about, or any number of other belief systems.

Mod's PLEASE move this thread to the political forums.

17. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Healthy dialogue.

Because both of the beliefs above have some basis in science, and science continues to find a real definition for the questions posed. Religion holds to a set of ideals that are entirely non-scientific, and require faith, while science shows us real facts without agenda. So it's natural that in a free country like the USA, public policy would lean towards the scientific point of view. If being a vegetarian winds up being healthier, and can be proven to reduce the risk of diseases, then it would only be natural to campaign against meat-eating, just as anti-tobacco companies campaign against smoking today. Once a gay gene is found, the law will need to comprehend that and social policy will change.

There are two sets of "facts" being pushed: scientific facts, and those unprovable ones based in, essentially, a science fiction (paranormal anyway) explanation. I know which one i would want *my* kids learning.

Seemed to me he was voicing his personal disdain with the idea, not trying to take away your right to do it.

The government has laws based entirely in christianity. I'd say that's being forced. The majority of people identifying as christians in the USA support these religious-based laws. I'd say that makes them extremists.

paul

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

this is where the problem exists. Instead of each side taking full control over their beliefs, they try and force in one way or another those beliefs down the unwilling masses.

How would we feel if vegetarians got the courts to agree that slaughtering of animals for food was unconstitutional?

the point being is that as long as the Constitution and Bill of Rights are being followed then there should be little issue. Particularly in light of our more informed society after the Civil War and the Civil Right Era.

19. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Quote:

Now if they are breaking down your door and forcing you to read the bible, or coming up to you and physically getting in your face, they have crossed the line, but the actions of a few extremeists do NOT represent what Christianity is all about. Anymore than the actions of a few eco-terrorists represent what environmentalists are all about, or Al-Qaida representing what Islam is all about, or any number of other belief systems.

There is nothing wrong with laws that religious based IMO. Thou shall not kill comes to mind. It is when they try to take the "Word" and change it to fit their needs, without taking in the historical context. Particularly since most of what the religions subscribe too were written by man himself. And by human nature we are self serving individuals.

We as a nation should have grown to the point of acceptance. Meaning that if one does not accept my ways, they should allow them to exist. Let God sort out who deserves Hell or Heaven.

20. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Your goals are amiable but you've been fooled into believing a civilized society can not exist in the absence of religious-based morality. Not killing, raping, stealing, falsely accusing, are all common-sense in a scientific society, and would certainly be the bedrock of a totally secular government (like we're supposed to have). But laws prohibiting gay marriage shouldn't be in there, nor laws prohibiting euthanasia or drug use, because they're all based on a Christian sensibility and morality. Admittedly, laws concerning adultery were dropped out over the last century...

paul

21. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    nice and clean site, havent explored it fully but so far so good

22. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And that is what I was trying to get at. maybe being a child that came of age in the 70's I had greater hopes for where we would be as a nation of acceptance.

Shame of it is that people used God to condone slavery....

23. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

And why is science a superior view point? You are claiming that your belief system, in this case science, is somehow superior. Trouble is even science stems from a certain set of beliefs in things that can't be proven. Add to that the fact that over the years what science has known for sure has changed. How do you expect anyone to respect you're right to believe something if you reduce theirs to being irrelavent. This is the EXACT same attitude that people complain about when dealing with religious missionaries, that they are trying to claim their view is the right one, then they turn around and do it themselves. Its so unbelievable arrogant.

My point is not that religion is right or wrong, or that gays are right or wrong, or that vegetarians are right or wrong. My point was that the first ammendmant doesn't stop people form sharing their views, it encourages it. No matter what those views are, and I'm sick of people using the whole Freedom OF Religion as an excuse to try and shut religion out of public discourse. You don't like it fine. I don't like it when people start harrassing me about eating meat. But I don't tell my vegetarian friends who respect me that they are all bad, because of the actions of a few people. Maybe if more people started actually learning what religions really taught instead of listening to the extremists there would be less problems. But I forgot, people are too lazy, people want the quick answer so they just believe what they hear first, judge one it, and don't care that they might just have it wrong.

24. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

First, no one made you visit the site. No one made you read this thread. No one forced you to do any of that. If you wanted to avoid it all you had to do was NOT read it. You ACTIVELY choose to look into it.

Whats wrong with people wanting to combine things that they enjoy? They aren't forcing you to do it. This is a free country, so get over this attitude that everything has to be the way YOU like it, don't read the site and move on.