Mac,Nascar 2002& Logitech's Momo Race Wheel

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dont Hurt Me, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well i have been racing stock cars with the keyboard and it just dont cut it! So after looking at some reviews( thanks toms hardware) I made the plunge and bought a Logitech Momo Racing wheel with force feedback. This thing is awsome and if you are racing on the mac a wheel makes all the difference. Nascar is truely a blast where before on the keyboard it was a struggle. Just wanted to share this with you all. Heres a picture of it.

Attached Files:

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm glad to hear (not here) that. I've been looking at all of the controllers with the Immersion label on them. The Logitech Momo wheels were more expensive but seem to have come to reasonable prices lately and look good too.

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The logitech momo racing eas $89.00 and that included 2nd day air shipping from chumbo.com. very impressed with chumbo I could follow my order the whole way. This is a quality wheel make no mistake, the grip has better feel then my mgb's wheel. has butterfly shifters or a stick that can mounted on left or right side. 3 clamps hold it down and the pedal set has a real feel to them and they work on carpet or smooth floors. This logitech product screams quality ( sort of like the Mac) makes racing like really driving a car.

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

MOMO Racing is gr8!

Had a friend over this weekend who has a MOMO Racing.... Hooked it up to my Dual 1.25 and played Nascar 2002 and F1 CS 2000

WOW!

The Mac is really becoming a superb gaming platform! Even F1 sim game competition is coming: Virtual Grand Prix 2 from Virtual Programming Ltd.
    check it out: http://www.vpltd.com/system/index.html
    Can't view it in Safari, I'm afraid... need IE.

Don't you guys think that maybe porting to OS X is much easier, therefore cheaper, than to OS 9?
    Could this be the reason that a lot more cool games are released nowadays?

5. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Os9 is old hat and a lot of the new games wont even bother with it. osX rules. glad you had fun with that wheel. Im sure it was rockin in your 1.25. Could you have the whole field racing on it?43 cars?(referring to nascar)