.Mac needs an upgrade...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by KingJobs, Apr 6, 2004.

1. KingJobs macrumors member

Apr 14, 2003
    Now that this whole Spymac Pro thing came out .Mac features are lagging:

Since this is a large mac community it might take away .Mac current and potential subscribers who pay a lot more for less.
  2. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Dec 27, 2002
    Alameda, CA
    Please stop using these forums to advertise Spymac. It's not difficult to see that you've plugged Spymac (with a link) in all of your recent posts. This one in particular seems to serve no purpose other than to advertise.

Just another reason I would be completely embarrassed to have a Spymac.com email address.
  3. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Regardless that it is just a plug for spymac, I think that Apple does need to step up .Mac more than they have been doing lately. The consumer is going to be swayed by the larger numbers of spymac and soon gMail 1GB E-mail storage and undoubtedly others as they appear over the coming months. If Apple were to offer 1GB E-mail and 250MB storage I would certainly sign up with them for hosting, otherwise I don't really need all the extras of .Mac and just want more space. I mean Steve just told us at his last keynote that Apple's XRAID is enormous storage cheaper than any other company offers. Well, Steve, let your faithful fans get a piece of that storage action! I think that Apple could offer levels of .Mac (E-mail only, E-mail and syncing and back-up, E-mail and hosting, the whole package) and would turn out a lot more business.
  4. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    AHHHHHH that lovely @mac.com address...i wouldnt give it up for anything...

comeon, i'd rather pay $99 USD (probably less due to referrals) to renew my @mac.com email address (res ipsa loquitur :) ) than have a cheap crappy @spymac.com address. Besides, I hate SpyMac with a passion, they really suck, except for the galleries that are barely bearable.
    I just cant wait for gmail...yeah theres no privacy whatsoever, but its not like i really care :p
  5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
    Well .mac is from apple so it has that special feeling, and the spymac thing is well spymac...no fellings there
  6. joed macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2002
    Budapest, Hungary
    I'm another .mac person. And I'm happy to support Apple.

Regardless of Spymac, I do think .mac needs an update of some kind. Like their portal for one thing.

7. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    like i really want ot give my clients and customers my email of jon@spymac.com. i am happy with .mac

8. TDT macrumors member

Apr 4, 2004
    University of Iowa - Iowa
    To be honest, I'm not sure I understand the reason for paying a large amount of money for an e-mail address? I get two of them free just with my college, and I own my own web/e-mail/etc server too. *shrug* I hate @hotmail, @yahoo, etc accounts....but I don't want to pay for e-mail too bad.
  9. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2003
    Washington DC
    Spymac isn't doing anything for me either...

I love .Mac, but that said, I would love some new features or big upgrades when renewal time comes around at the end of the summer.
  10. hob macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2003
    London, UK
    I'm getting increasingly annoyed with .Mac (i'm really not plugging!)

1. My iDisk access seems really rubbish, don't know if it's because i'm behind an NAT, or whether I have to unblock any ports on my OS X Firewall(?)

2. My @mac.com email seems to come out garbled at the other end for some reason... anyone else notice that?

Other than that, having @mac.com as an email address is pretty sweet.... and apple are so clever giving away 60 day free trials when you buy your computer - i got hooked!!