mac needs to improve on the following

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by tw9876z, Jan 6, 2002.

1. tw9876z macrumors member

ok, mac has a bad name around with pc users who dont know how to use it but one reason they wont change is because of the computers mac makes they use are old and crappy, i mean if you use a mac at the library it is the old iMac and people get pissed off at them mainly because they are old. Also, apple is now sending ibooks to schools in henrico county, virginia and people abuse and hate them because they are not the top macs,they have 64 ram and are bottom of the barrel ibooks, so they need to improve the ibooks tremendosly if they want approval from high school kids who use the ibooks, because it is rumored that they will try to do this ibook thing across the contry, but they need more powerful ibooks or people will just get pissed off at them and think macs are trash and then they will hate macs permenatly, this i think would hurt apple and so i think a huge ibook upgrade in required unless they want kids who use the old imacs and low ibooks to be pissed at them.I have a powerbook and love it and i think that the ibook would be a good choice if it was up to 1ghz i would get it, but they do need to improve the ibooks and imacs ALOT!

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

If schools and libraries want to buy low end macs, that's not Apple's fault...

If Apple has no need to improve the iBook tremendously, as you say they do. When the schools bought these iBooks, they were, as you have also said, bottom of the barrel. Schools could have chosen to buy higher end iBooks if they wanted.

I think you need to think this through a little more...

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Nothings Free

Apple doesnt give away free top-o-da-line computers. People buy them according to their needs. I know an iBook with 64 megs of RAM with regulate on any PC at any school.

4. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

PC troll

Just another uninformed PeeCee troll looking to put us down. Yippee.

BTW Trolls: Apple is the company, Mac is the product.

You dont use Microsoft XP, its Windows XP genius.

And since when does a new iBook = old and crappy?

And why would an iMac need 1 Ghz? To run the internet faster?

5. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

perhaps you are really dumb.

the low-end imacs at my school seem to run seemlessly. people choose them over the small lab of pcs that we have. but my school also has one of the best video production and graphic design classes around. it's got current top of the line imacs and a couple 867 powermacs. we are hosting minnesotas superintendants tomorrow to watch the macworld keynote. i'm skippin class to hang out with them.