mac newbie hates pc's

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by keithpetey, Dec 10, 2004.

1. keithpetey macrumors member

Nov 30, 2004
    have pc's always been this way???

first my xbox wont hook up to xbox live when i do a ics connection through my pc. works like a charm on my ibook though. it has worked before so i formatted my comp trying to get it to work and still it doesnt work! now my pc is just a big paperweight cuz it has no apps on it and im too pissed off to mess with it. not to mention the time ive spent updating it. ive been trying to get it to work since 4 pm, its now 12 am. its a fairly new computer too. it has a 2800+ amd athlon and a 9800 pro. god i hate windows. you would think hooking up a microsoft computer to a microsoft xbox would be easy but its not. just my little rant to blow off some steam.
  2. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Jun 26, 2004
    well before you got off complain it call the problems with networking. Apprently the ibooks wants to work but at the same time they run into a lot of problems networking
    Chances are you problems lied in your firewall setting and you prouble need to set it up for your computer ot share it internet connection though one of the ports.
  3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2002
    Welcome to the community, and join the party of people who dislike Microsoft software.
  4. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    Hmm, I am going to detect a short between the chair and the keyboard. I never have problems with my Windows machine but I properly maintain it too. Like the other poster said, probably a firewall problem.

5. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Feb 14, 2004
    South Jersey

Huh ???
  6. keithpetey thread starter macrumors member

Nov 30, 2004
    ive been building computers for the last 7 or so years and have been using them since the good old dos and 3.1 days so i know what im doin. all my firewalls are turned off, shared connections are on, it just wont work. i had it working when i first bought my xbox; it was easy, but now it just wont set. it picks up the ip config, dns settings, but it will just not find the xbox live servers.
  7. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Jun 26, 2004
    welcome to the world of networking. Appently you never delt with setting up large networks. Things are hit or miss no matter what the OS is.

Try checking you windows firewall. I know networking wise things are very hit or miss and some time it just works and some time it doesnt. there is a fair amont of luck involved