MAC newbie question about aol mail

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lpj8, Nov 17, 2002.

1. lpj8 macrumors member

Hello,
    I just got my ibook 700, and it's awesome! However, I'm an Aol user because it's free for me. I hate signing on just to get my email. I was wondering if I could add my aol account to this mail program built on in the dock. Any help would be great

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i don't think you can, because of AOL's proprietary software... AOL isn't the best of service providers, perhaps consider switching to a local dialup, you could use Mail :)

pnw

3. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

Forward Your Mail to Mail

I am not sure since it has been a long time since I used AOL (5+ years), but you might check with the settings in AOL and see if you can Forward all of your mails to a free POP or IMAP account, and then check it with Mail that is located in the dock...

AOL does use a wierd system for thier mail...Though Did you know you could check your mail online right?
    It can be checked at AOL.com I beleive.

AOL is OK, but Earthlink (if your using dial-up) is just as good, and you can use the OS X mail program, otherwise I don't know...

Hope this helps...

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: AOHell

AOL does not work with any mail programs. It is setup where u have to sign in with their system anytime u want to check it. I've tried running it with Outlook Express & OS X's Mail, both to no avail.

I wouldn't suggest using it though, if u have other options for a Mail program. I quit using it mostly for the fact that I cannot download from it's webmail (I use DSL connections both at home & work).