.Mac Night in Chicago

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 8, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

could this event be the long awaited upgrade of accounts? 100mb is paltry now in face of things like google and spymac.

3. macrumors P6

wdlove

The .Mac T-Shirt would be nice. I wonder if this store will be going on the road and come to an Apple Store near you?

4. macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

I glad I ran across this. I'll be in Chicago on business next week and will have to go.
    I want a tee. :D
    And I hope that they will announce an increase on the size like everyone else.
    It'll be tuff to renew my account if they don't raise it. :(

5. macrumors regular

I think we something similar here in a L.A. a week or two ago. I didn't get a chance to check it out though. I'm thinking about switching to .mac, after being a longtime AOL user. But my concern involves all of the sites that I've registered with using that email address. Does anyone know if my email remains active after I cancel my AOL? And if it does (and I assume it will remain, since people can sign up for free AIM screen names, right?), is there some kind of forwarding service? It'll take a while to switch everything over, I imagine. :p

6. macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Years ago, AOL 4.0, when I quit to go to cable I lost my mail but kept the instant messanger account. And at that time there was no forwarding. I don't know about now, but doubt it. AOL doesn't make anything easy. For 2 months after I quit, they still charge my account. Thankfully my Visa backed me up and disallowed the charge. They told me that was a typical occurance. TimeWarner/AOL blow hard. Thank GOD I'm rid of them :D

7. macrumors regular

sockeatingdryer