Mac not joining preferred network when computer starts up!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chosenwolf, Mar 20, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Hey All,

My MacBook Pro is still not joining my home network when the computer starts up (I have it set to join preferred networks in network preferences). I have to join manually everytime and it's getting annoying.

Don't know what else it could be? Do I have to have something load as a startup item?

Also, I have Mail APP check hidden in the startup items but it doesn't dissapear after booting into OS X.

Any input appreciated.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

I assume you're talking about Airport. Could you possibly give some details as to how it's set up? (as in, what kind of authentication, hidden or no, manufacturer, et cetera)

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

My Intel mini did the same before it died. Very annoying. I assume it's all related to the Intel/Airport problems that a vast number of people on this forum have been mentioning.

I read online that setting up your own Location instead of using Automatic can help. However, when I tried this my Mac would Kernel Panic during boot when it came to initialise the Airport... But I think that was just due to my box being a lemon.

There may be no way of fixing the issue until a firmware update/patch comes out.

4. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

An update should clear this up, it's been said there are issues with the new Intel Macs.

Rich.

5. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

It's the APX. Is the patch available on apple.com?

6. designed macrumors 6502

designed

No patch yet for Apple. Here's the link to the full thread of the Intel vs. Airport thing.