Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
milestone 1 - sub $1,000 dollar ibook

milestone 2 - 1 ghz tibook

in these two categories, do you think apple will surpass either one soon?

what about an $899 ibook?

or what about a 1.25 ghz tibook?

sound too crazy for a goal for 2003?

your thoughts...

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Unless iBook sales increase dramatically, I'd say the price won't drop much more. After all, the low end still has only 16MB graphics memory, and a mere 128 MB :eek: of RAM, not to mention the CD-only drive. Can't get much cheaper than this.

As for 1.25 GHz powerbooks...I don't see why not. I'm sure we'll see at least one revision next year, and even though there might actually be a revision without speed bumps, there will be a speed bump sometime next year.

Next year, expect 1.25 GHz powerbooks. Ram improved to DDR, inclusion of USB2, and perhaps bluetooth. Faster HD is a possibility, as well as a faster superdrive.

Oh yeah, and we'll have GHz iBooks next year ;)

(its not like i'm going out on a limb or anything...:D)

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
a more powerful $899 ibook would be great. maybe a lowend G4 for $999 even? course by then they will probably have a G5 pb and the ibook will still be considered "underpowered".

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Milestoned

Milestone 4 - Autographed Picture of Steve Jobs with every Powerbook...

(C'mon ... I'm beggin here... you must have seen my posts by now Mr. Jobs)...

... I wonder if we'll see a diplay change of anykind? I mean lets face it, the Powerbook is already an unbelievable Juggernaut amongst PC wannabees, and I found myself wondering and thinking after reading jefhatfields post, "Wow, what else could they put in these things?"

I mean it's made of Titanium, it's One inch thin, sheesh... I'm getting all teary eyed here...

Surely, regular performance increases are the most conservative estimate we can expect from an Amazing Apple Powerbook Team. Can't help but wonder How-they'll-Wow us next.

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.