Mac on MS-Sweden homepage

Discussion in 'Community' started by sosumi, Aug 21, 2003.

1. sosumi macrumors member

Microsoft's swedish homepage has an article with the title "How to avoid virus and surf safely". There is a picture with a computer locked up in chains. The funny thing is that the computer is a Power Mac 7200 (or something like it). Obviously MS finally admit it, use a Mac to avoid virus!

http://www.microsoft.com/sverige/

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm not so sure about that. It sort of looks like it, but there is no Apple logo and the box is hidden by too many chains for it to be easily proved. What makes you think its a Mac?

D

3. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I think Mr A might be right (it happens ;)). The powermac 7200 (and just about every other desktop mac of that design) have a kind of 'step' on the base. The computer on the swedish webpage is just regular. If you don't know what i mean, go to www.apple-history.com. You'll see it clearly shown there.

4. sosumi thread starter macrumors member

If you click the picture you will see a slightly larger image. I think the CD-Drive & Disk Drive look very much Mac... but I may be mistaken.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Here's some images for comparison - I don't think it is a mac....close, but its missing some things....

D

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Back then they practically looked 95% alike...just a rectangular white/beige box.