mac on pc

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by nillinu, Feb 6, 2004.

1. nillinu macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to run mac of any version (dont care) on a pc whether using an emulator or not. I was wondering if VMWare would work! PLEASE HELP!

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I think that there might be an emulator for Mac on PC, but due to chip architecture or something (I think) it can only run really really really slowly.

Sorry that there really is no alternative than to actually using a Mac. Funny that Bill says that Windows is all about choice, and yet Mac can run windows, but windows can't run Mac.

3. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Yes there are emulators out there that let you run up to mac OS 8 on a pc. But they only emulate pre-power pc chips (68030-40 Motorola Procs). The emulator I use is called Basilisk 2 and I only use it to play Bubble Trouble on my pc. You need a real fast pc to run it at a decent speed however.

4. nillinu thread starter macrumors newbie

ya i have basilisk 2 but i was thinking more of the lines of vmware because there is a website i was reading that said he used this program to run mac os x which i find to be completely AMAZING!