Mac Online Poker?

Discussion in 'Games' started by appleswish, Oct 19, 2005.

1. appleswish macrumors newbie

Hi guys.
    I just bought a Mac last Tuesday (and I love it btw) and I'm wondering where I can play online poker using the Mac OS. The only one I found was GamesGrid and it is very small and has poor graphics. Right now I gotta use the wife's machine every time I want to play :mad:

Help please!

2. matrix_x macrumors newbie

Firstly, let me say welcome to the Mac community - you'll never own a PC again :p

I was in the same situation as you about 4 months ago. There are actually two major poker rooms (third biggest and fifth biggest in the world I believe) that are Mac compatible.

http://www.Mac-Poker.net lists these two (Pacific & Poker Room), and tells you how to sign-up for each of them (it is a different sign-up process when your using a Mac). I play both fairly often, and they both look and work great on my Mac. Hope this helps.

3. jmufellow macrumors regular

pokerroom

I would highly recommend pokerroom.com It is a great site for playing poker, hold 'em, etc. Just sign up for free. You can play with real or fake money. I've always just played with play money...I'd be broke otherwise :eek: welcome to the mac platform. It's allright I guess

4. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

5. appleswish thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - I found the instructions offered by that site to be very helpful. I signed up for PacificPoker today, and will probably check out PokerRoom this weekend :)

6. jmufellow macrumors regular

sweet! this is like a newbie thread. Except for me.. haha. I'm not far ahead though.

7. msbsound macrumors regular

Heads up

Pokerroom just updated their software and things have seemed a little wonky these last couple days. So if you have issue with their site just keep that in mind. Mainly I have had a few games disconnect on me, and the game types don't always seem to sort exactly right on the selection screen.

8. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

www.hollywoodpoker.com

You can use real or fake money, great graphics, fast servers. I'v tried a bunch of different sites and this is by far the best.

9. duncandeath macrumors member

duncandeath

Bugsys all the way

I have used Pacific and pokeroom, pokerroom is cool. I hate pacific it always disconects and the lobby is really fustrating.

Bugsy has the best softwear by far, it is a proper download, and it has some nice low limit games. There is only about 2000 people on at any time, thats small compared to some. You get to bring up your states for your current game and others from previous games which comes in handy when looking to improve your game.

I hope to see you on there.

www.bugsysclub.com

10. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

www.pokerroom.com is great. real or play money. tons of differnt kinds of games (holdem, omaha, 7cardstud...etc), and different ranging tables, from Low, to Low NoLimit, to Med, to High, to High NoLimit, to All-in-or-fold.

11. matrix_x macrumors newbie

Poker for Macs - I'm loving the new FullTilt Poker downloadable client!!!

12. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Many, many large poker sites allow macs to play poker online, but just by playing "in browser". You usually need firefox for this, but it works often. For example, this works in partypoker.

13. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

fulltiltpoker.net is my personal favorite. I also use B.Club but i'm not a huge fan of it.