.mac or A N Other for hosting iWeb Site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jrober, Oct 12, 2006.

1. jrober macrumors regular

Jan 22, 2003
    Heathfield, UK

I have an extensive website www.chiddingly.gov.uk which I maintain in iWeb and host on ibghosting using the publish to folder option followed by cyberduck to FTP the site to the host.

This is a costly host and I want to reduce costs but retain a reliable host. Questions
    1. Should i move to .mac and if I do what happens when you have two .mac accounts on the same machine under different logins?

2. Is there a better alternative to .mac and IBGhosting either specifically for iWeb of just an all round good host tha MacRumors reccommend

2. theappleguy macrumors 6502

Apr 19, 2005
    There's heaps of threads about this. I took a quick look at your current host, and I agree you are paying a very high price at the moment. Take a look at TJR Networks. A Small Orange also seems to get mentioned around here, though I haven't used them myself.

As long as the host has been around a few years, and you don't go to the opposite extreme by selecting a host with super low prices, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a host.

btw. Nice site design. :)