Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
I just got a concerned call from a freind, he just updated his Ibook 300 to mac os 10.2 and he is haveing audio problems. He syas that he now has no bass on headphones or external speakers. Also he can only hear left channel audio. One more quirk, he can get some bass if he pan's the audio all the way to the right, he still gets only left channel audio but it just gives a little bass. Any help would be much appriciated.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
If it's still under warranty, take it back and get it fixed. If not, I'd still take it back and get it fixed. You can see if anyone has any bright ideas here, but it really sounds like a hardware problem to me.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Sounds as though one channel is 90 degrees out of phase. An example of this is connecting one speaker positive to positive and negative to negative, but connecting the other positive to negative and negative to positive.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Actually, it may have something to do with the fact that the speaker on the the 300 Mhz iBook only produces Mono sound (it only has one built-in speaker). Maybe by tweaking the Apple Core Audio settings via terminal could fix this problem-(the way OS X is seeing the sound setings). I am not sure beyond that.

Gus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.