Mac OS 10.5 Leopard and the Dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ArkabaS, Aug 7, 2006.

1. ArkabaS macrumors member

Dec 3, 2004
    The Moon
    Hey rumor people,

I posted this in one of the front page stories but it got buried to hell. What are your thoughts on the future of the Dock??? There has been a ton of talk about Finder, vectorization, front row/preview integration, etc., but very little talk about one of the most important and obvious features of the Mac OS X, the Dock.

In my opinion, the Dock is incredibly useful but also incredibly limited. If dividers were made available and the handling of windows vs. apps vs. docs vs. folders was improved, the Dock could become a million times more useful. So far the Dock seems to be lost somewhere between the Windows Start panel, the Windows Taskbar and pre-OSX app menu, the Windows and Linux Quicklaunch bar, and so on.

Any thoughts? Or I am alone in my concern about The Dock?
  2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Aug 5, 2006
    In the Depths of the SLC!
    I agree with you. The Windows versions of the dock give you a whole lotta more options. I am a windows user, and have been for years, and I just got a Mac, and with that, now my windows machine has a dock too, it's jus the best thing. But, as seen in some videos, yes, the dock will be in future releases, but as far as a major change, I have no idea. But, knowing Apple, they will have something up their sleeve.