MAC OS 9.2 Get rid of

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Espnetboy3, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    ok guys tomorrow i will be installing panther, im running 10.2.8 right now , if i go to my startup disk i still have os 9 which sux becasue i think im wastin alot of space having two OS's on my hd , after i install panther i will have three , how can i and will it effect anything if i delete os9 once i have both 10.2.8 and 10.3 , thanx
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says.....if you are installing 10.3, there really is not much use for keeping 10.2.x. If you delete the the OS 9 system, you'll not a system for running "classic" should the need ever come up. I think you are best to do an "archive and install" of 10.3. This will take your 10.2.x and put in all in a "previous system folder." Then once you are sure your new 10.3 install is working fine, you can delete the old "previous system" stuff. The OS 9 install itself is really not very big so unless you are really desperate for drive space I would leave it for now.....oh yeah!
  3. hacking_4_b33r macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2004
    my ip
    OS 9 is not that big

the whole OS9 system folder only takes up 338.2mbs..if you need space that bad i suggest getting a new hard drive..