Mac OS filled with security holes? Windows safer then you thought?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Archaeopteryx, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

According to a Danish security team at least:

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1870365808;fp;2;fpid;1

All I know is.. after just a few months of being a mac owner.. Ill never go back to a PC...

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

hmm... they didnt seem to count all the security problems when XP was first released in '01....they just counted the last 2 years... if they counted the last 3-4 years it would be a different story...

sure, nothing is perfect, but....hmm... lets count the amount of virus's.... ;)

3. cubist macrumors 68020

There are some funny numbers in that report - especially odd how they keep switching between counts and percents. That's generally a signal to keep a tight grip on your wallet. But their numbers for Windows are significantly higher than those for Mac OS X, if you look at them carefully.

BTW, like your handle, Archaeopteryx. Maybe I'll change mine to Cladoselache since I no longer have a Cube (snif)

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Yea, what is it now? 80,000+? 80,000 vs. 50? (I'm including proof-of-concept ones to, but don't know the exact number, if somebody could point it out)

I never trusted pie charts anyways...

5. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

6. GeorgeTheMonkey macrumors member

Mmm, pie. Melike pie. :cool:

(Bleck, but pie chart? Who eats charts? :eek: )

Meh, I think Secunia is a little loopy in the head. Aside from that, let's look at real world applications. The simple fact is that we all have Macs, our data is secure and we know it, and we come across viruses about as often as blue water buffalos perform ballet on Broadway.

(Ooh, I should buy tickets for that the next time I'm in New York.)

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Wait... OS X has fewer security issues than the recent ones XP has had after being out longer (not even including Win 2000 and NT), and OS X is less secure!?!

Me confused. :confused:

No OS is perfect, but I can tell you one that's pretty darn close. ;)

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core