Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
I have to make up for last year!

The 25th works best for me as I work the night shift M-F. Don't need to work around me though, I've made it happen before.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I've done some research on our veterans and many of them have not been active for quite some time.

iVeBeenDrinkin' - last activity 6/13/13, last post 8/3/12
Munkees - hasn't been active on MR since 9/19/12

There's a good chance some spots will be available for new players. I'm not going to give the remaining vets much longer to respond. We need to secure the players and begin preparing for the season.

I've read all the "let's do a third league chatter" and at this point I'm considering it. I generally run four leagues a year, two of which have been here at MR. This keeps me pretty busy and it would be hard to add more stuff on top of that, but I haven't completely ruled it out just yet.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Allright, here's where we stand as of right now.

• The OSX league has 10 players signed up.
  • This league, iOS, has 9 players signed up.
  • We have 8 players on the waiting list.

So, if we closed all sign ups right now, we could put 10 players in both the OSX and iOS leagues and we could set up a third league that would only have 8 players.

Here's the thing, the most important thing to me as a Fantasy Football Commissioner is to have active players. There's nothing worse than having someone sign up and then abandon their team because they couldn't make the draft or lose their first few games. Active participation and interaction is even more important when we play in a forum setting like this because it is a much better experience for everyone when players/owners are actively posting to talk trash, build camaraderie, congratulate one another, talk about league events, set up trades, etc. etc..

So, here's what I need to know. If I'm going to take on the added responsibility and effort of adding a third league then I need to know that people are committed to being active team owners/players. We can't satisfy everyone's schedule for the draft so know that some of you will miss it. This means you will have to set up auto draft and pull off some trades to make your team better. Having smaller leagues will help with the auto drafting, but it simply is what it is. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just "keeping it real". I know many of our players because they have played with us in previous years, but a lot of you are new and so I just want to make sure everyone understands what is expected when you agree to play in the MR League.

I promise you these MR leagues are super fun and awesome to be a part of. Just ask veterans who have played before. I'm also an active and committed commissioner. I want everyone to have a great time and know that it's a fair playing experience.

Okay, that being said, what do you all think? Let me know where you stand and what you wanna do. :)

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
fireshot91 just checked in for the iOS league so we need one more player to have three leagues each with 10 teams.

Well, talk about making it with just seconds to spare. Like fireshot91, The Californian has checked in to claim his veteran spot from last year. That gives us the final player we need to have three 10 team leagues.

I need everyone, newbie or veteran, to send me a PM with a current email so that I can send out league invitations. I know I didn't need emails for vets before, but due to the fact that there could be some changes I want to make sure I have them. We will be targeting this Sunday as the day for two of the leagues to draft. One draft will be early afternoon, like 2:00 PM US Central time, so that our European players can participate without it being too late in the evening for them. The second draft will likely occur later that afternoon, like 5:00 PM US Central time. As far as I know at present Jaffa Cake is our only European team owner. If I've missed someone please let me know and I will make sure you are in the league that drafts at the appropriate time.

So, with three leagues we will likely have some shuffling from last year. We have tried to keep people in the same leagues to allow for rivalries, but there may need to be some changes. So, with that being the case, let me ask this. I need every player to post if they are or are not available to draft on this Sunday. I can't promise that everyones schedule will be accommodated, but I can try to work around those who know for sure they can not draft this weekend. I am looking at Tuesday night, the 27th, for the third and final draft. It likely will need to be around 8:00 PM. So, if you can't draft on Sunday then know that you will want to be available on Tuesday.

At this point, I don't have a spot for you. However, please keep checking the thread because if one of the other newbies who is on the current waiting list doesn't respond or follow through then that spot will go to you.

Last edited:

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
Sunday 5:00pm CST would be better for me.

Doesn't matter to me which league I'm in and a change of division wouldn't be too terrible for me since I've been beaten to a pulp the last two years in my division (thanks mscriv :) )

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'd like to join as well if a spot opens up!

I tried to send you a PM, but it appears you have that feature turned off or blocked. I need to confirm your interest and intent to play. Please post in the thread to confirm your desire to play in a third league. Additionally, I need you to send me a PM with a current email address where I can send an official league invite. Last, please read the posts I've made about participation expectations and the draft and respond accordingly.

Thanks.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I still need email addresses from the following:

Rookies
  • Dontazemebro
  • jrswizzle
  • rockyroad55

Veterans - if it hasn't changed from last year okay, but I need confirmation
  • fireshot91
  • rhett7660
  • wvuwhat
  • Queen of Spades
  • The.316
  • TwinCitiesDan

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Okay, here's where we stand. I still need email addresses as listed in the previous post and here's the current leagues. If you have a draft conflict then I need to hear from you about it ASAP. I may be able to make an adjustment, I may not, no promises.

2013 MacRumors Founders NFL Fantasy Football League - Draft 8/25/13 at 2:00 PM US Central Time
  • GoCubsGo
  • Jaffa Cake
  • MacNut
  • moyank24
  • mscriv
  • Queen of Spades
  • rdowns
  • swiftaw
  • The.316
  • TwinCities Dan

2013 MacRumors Hardware NFL Fantasy Football League - Draft 8/25/13 at 5:00 PM US Central Time
  • creator2456
  • Dandaman
  • Dontazemebro
  • grapes911
  • HarryPot
  • jrswizzle
  • mscriv
  • Peace
  • rockyroad55
  • The Californian

2013 MacRumors Mac OS NFL Fantasy Football League - Draft 8/27/13 at 8:00 PM US Central Time
  • einmusiker
  • fireshot91
  • gibbz
  • lunaoso
  • mscriv
  • rhett7660
  • rick snagwell
  • stonyc
  • ucfgrad93
  • wvuwhat

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Okay, here's where we stand. I still need email addresses as listed in the previous post and here's the current leagues. If you have a draft conflict then I need to hear from you about it ASAP. I may be able to make an adjustment, I may not, no promises.

2013 MacRumors Founders NFL Fantasy Football League - Draft 8/25/13 at 2:00 PM US Central Time
  • GoCubsGo
  • Jaffa Cake
  • MacNut
  • moyank24
  • mscriv
  • Queen of Spades
  • rdowns
  • swiftaw
  • The.316
  • TwinCities Dan

2013 MacRumors Hardware NFL Fantasy Football League - Draft 8/25/13 at 5:00 PM US Central Time
  • creator2456
  • Dandaman
  • Dontazemebro
  • grapes911
  • HarryPot
  • jrswizzle
  • mscriv
  • Peace
  • rockyroad55
  • The Californian

2013 MacRumors Mac OS NFL Fantasy Football League - Draft 8/27/13 at 8:00 PM US Central Time
  • einmusiker
  • fireshot91
  • gibbz
  • lunaoso
  • mscriv
  • rhett7660
  • rick snagwell
  • stonyc
  • ucfgrad93
  • wvuwhat

oh bummer, i was really hoping to whoop up on QOS and Moyank!

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Due to my busy schedule I'm going to have to push the Mac OS League's draft back one hour from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

2013 MacRumors Mac OS NFL Fantasy Football League - Draft 8/27/13 at 8:00 9:00 PM US Central Time
  • einmusiker
  • fireshot91
  • gibbz
  • lunaoso
  • mscriv
  • rhett7660
  • rick snagwell
  • stonyc
  • ucfgrad93
  • wvuwhat

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Fantastic.
Have the leagues been created on ESPN?

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Fantastic.
Have the leagues been created on ESPN?

The two we have run for the last couple of years are still there. I am planning to set up the third one tonight and all invites will go out.*

*With the exception of those newbies who have not yet sent me their email addresses! Here's the deal folks, we can't draft until everyone checks into the league. So once invites go out tonight eveyone has to respond by logging into the league and then the draft will unlock.

jrswizzle and rockyroad55 are still unaccounted for!

At MSCRIV, pm sent!
Got it, thanks bro. :)

--------------

I'm in the waiting list and will definitely stay active.

Need you to PM me your current email so I can officially invite you to the league through ESPN.

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Here's the deal folks, we can't draft until everyone checks into the league. So once invites go out tonight eveyone has to respond by logging into the league and then the draft will unlock.

jrswizzle and rockyroad55 are still unaccounted for!

rockyroad55 has confirmed, so the last player we are waiting to hear from is jrswizzle.

----------

Yep, I'll be selecting a kicker 1st round. Can't never have enough of those :p

When selecting your kicker make sure you get a punter. They get into the game a lot more than place kickers. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.