Mac OS Rumors Got Hacked

Discussion in 'Community' started by BillClinton, Aug 6, 2004.

1. macrumors member

2. macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Subtlety is forgotten here. Hacking a page would be much funnier if people can quit saying "OMG... IM THE WEBMASTER AND IM A FAG!!11"

Comedians should become hackers. The internet would be much cooler.

3. macrumors 6502a

they didnt hack it, they made their own page which copied mosr on bogspot and wrote in some dumb stuff at the top

4. macrumors 604

scem0

MOSR would do something like that just for hits.

I hate MOSR.... :mad:

scem0

5. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

6. macrumors 6502a

umm MOSR didnt do it, someone with a grudge against them made a pagr on blogspot that looked like MOSR

7. thread starter macrumors member

I thought they made this page, because of problems with their hosting company? I'm pretty sure this is the official temporary web-page for MOSR... Could be wrong though

8. macrumors 68020

Yep, you're "wring" as you put it, macosrumors.com is back up.

9. macrumors 603

janey

yeah it was the temporary page of MOSR until they sorted out their `problems` and stuff like that. Theyre so unbelievably outrageous now. I just read the pages for fun and for some laughs...mm

10. macrumors 604

scem0

I know -.-

I was just saying that I wouldn't be suprised if the real MOSR did something like that to get hits.

scem0

11. macrumors 603

Yeah, but the link they have that went to the so-called "explanation" had some very tasteless comedy (and an R-rated image). So I don't think that would be very nice of MacOSRumors to want to do that unless MacOSRumors only attracted the adult crowd. I have strong doubts about that.

12. thread starter macrumors member

macosrumors.com is back up, however, it still doesn't explain the odd post on their blogspot page.

13. thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, thanks for point that out. Just another example of the quality education I have from our public schools. By the way, where are you in Northern VA? Live in Fredricksburg myself

14. macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I think because it is not his blog page - it's a spoof. If you read some of the comments left, before the person gets around to editing them out, you'll see that someone keeps posting as the "real" Ryan Meader saying that the whole page is fake...oh yeah!

15. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Funny thing is that I feel the "fake" Ryan Meader on the blog site will probably have ended up being more accurate than the real one.

Well Ryan has MOSR paid up through (Record expires on 16-Jul-2005) -- so there is a good chance we'll be doing this again same time next year.

16. macrumors 603

Except by then everyone would have left, even the people that pay for the service, and the rats would be running the site (and eating the server away). They better have great typing skills.

17. macrumors 603

MacOSRumors removed the blog entry and the link to the explanation. Since the two MacOSRumors threads have been quiet, I'm guessing that few others here know about it (or prob. few people care about MacOSRumors).