Mac OS Runs on Sony Laptop

Discussion in 'macOS' started by muffinman, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's...old. It was around on digg at least a month ago. If not more.

2. rdf8585 macrumors regular

Since when did a month ago become old?

New to me.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

that sux.....oh well it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Bless

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Man, with the quality of that video I had a hard time knowing what the hell was going on...

In any case, I am happy with my Apple hardware and will continue to be so.

5. jacobj macrumors 65816

jacobj

It will happen, but as long as it requires tome technical jiggery-pokery from the user it will not be that prolific. What Apple does not want is a modified version of OS X that is readily available on peer-to-peer as all Hell would break loose.

6. M-theory macrumors 6502

M-theory

wow, great, whooohooo!!! :rolleyes:

this whole thing is ridiculous, it's like not being invited to a party and sneaking in through the basement. All the people at the party know you're not supposed to be there...

you can download music, steal programs, steal and boot any OS on any computer, but when is there going to be a point when people realize that just because you can do it doesn't mean it is ok.

7. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Thinkpads are about the only Windows-centric kit that's on a par with Apple hardware. If could run MacOS X on a Thinkpad legitimately, I'd be prepared to make the investment, especially if this would allow me to dual boot when I need to.

I've been using a succession of Thinkpads as company machines for the last decade, and I have to say, I'm a big fan - almost to an inverse proportion to the extent I hate Windows. Slick, cool, matt black, with manly corners. My T42 is a seriously nice piece of kit - I often lament the fact that I have to ruin all that great work by running a POS operating system on it. I think Thinkpads and MacOS would pretty much be a perfect union for me. People talk about 'killer apps' - just the fact that I could buy a MacOS lappie with a built-in right mouse button would be compelling enough for me. If I could make it a Thinkpad, that'd seal the deal.