Mac OS Tiger and an iMac G3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iFaulder, May 21, 2005.

1. iFaulder macrumors member

Aug 2, 2004
    Western Maryland
    Hi all! I was considering getting Mac OS Tiger now that 10.4.1 is available, but first I would like to know how it would run on a 600MHz iMac G3 with 512MB of RAM. Would it be faster, equal, or slower than Panther?

Oh, and does Dreamweaver MX 2004 work with Tiger? This is a program I really need.
  2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Mar 5, 2005
    My machine:
    PB G3 500MHz "Pismo" with 384MB RAM, 8MB VRAM (VRAM counts these days).
    Running Tiger fine thanks :)
    Finder minor speed bump from Tiger.

Don't know about Dreamweaver, but I would think a major app like this IS supported, in fact, I'd go as far as to say I'm 99% sure it is.

Go for it! P.S. - The only thing I have noticed since .1 is a slight speed boost to Dashboard Widgets.

PPS - Thanks for actually having a sensible thread heading - check out the pet peeve below!
  3. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002

Regarding Dreamweaver and Tiger: It seems that there are some issues with Tiger, but Macromedia is looking into them. This link has a list of issues, so you can decide whether or not you can live with them until they are patched. IMO Tiger is not quite all that it is cracked up to be, I would stay with Panther at least until they patch Dreamweaver. :)