Mac OS training

Discussion in 'macOS' started by will23, Oct 23, 2005.

1. will23 macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2005
    I just switched to mac a couple of months ago and so far I love most everything about it. The only thing I don't like is that I don't know how to get around the OS as well as I knew how to get around windows. I figure this is just having spent more time on windows, but I like to figure out how to do things beyond just the easy configuration setting. For example tonight I was trying to put a powerpoint presentation on an external projector and I couldn't get the external display resolution high enough, so the projector displayed an unreadable version of my screen. The options were limited in the display configuration menu and I couldn't get it to give me higher resolution options for the external display. I ended up having to send the presentation to a friend and hook his pc up to the display becuase he was able to up the resolution. Are there any websites that have something like an extended OS X manual with tips and tricks or do I just have to learn by trail and error as I did with windows?

Powerbook G4 15"
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Welcome to OSX. :)

This site is pretty good for switchers, both before and after they've bought their first Mac. It outlines the difference between OSX and XP very comprehensively. A truly amazing site.
  3. kssundberg macrumors newbie

Oct 27, 2005
    Professional Training?

Does anyone know of any professional training for OS X? Our company will be moving to some Mac products and my manager has put me in charge of finding someone like TecSolutions or something who does IT training for Apple.
  4. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I would go to a class at an Apple Store. They give free classes and talk about everything on how do a lot on the Mac.
  5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    .Mac has a nice collection of movies on using the OS, iLife and others. You could always try the 60 day free trial.
  6. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    There might be some more info gleened directly from the horse's mouth as well. Maybe a couple tips and tricks that you can pick up that we "lifers" take fore granted.