1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Mac OS X 10.3.2 Released

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Dec 17, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.2 in your Software Update:

2. macrumors 68040

mac15

awesome, doing the update now. hope all goes well

3. macrumors regular

Love to update!!!!

4. macrumors member

I hope it fixes the QPS problem.

5. macrumors 65816

neonart

Battery update and 10.3.2 on 12" Book going on right now.
    I'm very excited about the new drivers! Lets see how she does...

6. macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

i am so there! I hope this fixes all the stuff that was causing others grief

and battery update sounds exciting!

7. macrumors member

Does anyone know how big this update is? It hasn't shown up in the downloads section yet...

8. macrumors member

38.2 megs

9. macrumors 68040

MattG

Sweet. Hopefully "new ATI drivers" that let my G4 wake up from sleep properly. We'll see...

10. macrumors member

Battery Update and 10.3.2. Today is awsome:D

11. macrumors newbie

Works fine on Dual 2ghz G5

Just installed on my dual 2ghz G5. Works great, although I don't notice any differences.

12. macrumors member

D/ling now... let's see if this blows ;-)

S.

13. macrumors member

The document link does not work for me... anyone???

14. macrumors regular

my download is horribly SLOOOOOWWWW. Apple must be getting hit hard for this or something. All of my other large downloads are moving along at around 300kb a sec

15. macrumors 6502

sweet. this was released pretty much right when i opened safari to Macrumors. (still said "Add Comments") :p

hmm... maybe this will fix my Activity Moniter.app not working...

16. macrumors member

I got it AMAZINGLY fast. Yay for Comcast upping bandwidth to 3Mbps.

17. macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

)*$*%$

I just updated the battery and NOW THIS!

18. macrumors member

Restart took quite a bit longer than usual..and things seem to run a little bit on the draggy side..anyone exp. the same thing?

19. macrumors newbie

Yea, i'm getting abuot 460k down instead of the 230k I got about a week ago... ;)

20. macrumors member

Yeah, my startup time was a little slower, I'm repairing permissions now, hope that'll speed things up a bit.

21. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Is it just me or is OS 10.3.2 really, really slow now? It takes me an extra 8 seconds to boot up and snappiness is even worse than Jaguar was by quite a bit. I repaired permissions and checked my disk just in case and everything should be fine... :(

22. macrumors member

SLOW SLOW SLOW

I swear it's taking 2x the time than before to boot up.
    It seems to take a bit more time than usual at the gray screen and apple screen.

THEN, Loading the menus and desktop took A LONG TIME...!!! You really notice it!!!

I rebooted it twice just to make sure..

23. macrumors 603

Stella

Apple still haven't got Dual Head working correctly.

My monitor is capable of 1152xXXX, yet it doesn't show up in Display Preferences. I get 1024.768 and 1280x768. Unfortunately, at 1280x768, the refresh rate is too low - only 60Hz.

1024.x768 is too small resolution, and 1152 is just right - has good refresh rates available.

I know Panther is capable of 1152xXXXX resolutions, because it gives the option on another 17" monitor I've used.

I shall see whether Apple have fixed Networking - can find that out tomorrow at work - can't see any PC machines on the network. Jaquar I could see all machines.

24. macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

You tell us now while i'm downloading it! :)

25. macrumors regular

Slowness of 10.3

Well, I'm going to wait before installing 10.3.2 for a bit. I can say that with an "Archive and Install", my 10.3.0 and 10.3.1 are CONSIDERABLY slower than 10.2.x ever was. Permissions are not a problem. I've got a Dual 800 with 1.25 Gigs of RAM.

Specifically, there are several things slower, and a few faster.

Good news with 10.3.1: Start up is definitely faster (haven't timed it though).

Bad news: Simple functions in the finder are much slower. Although menus are about the same, Command-Deleting files to the trash are MUCH slower. Also, scrolling through image previews or movie previews are INCREDIBLY slow in column view, whereas in 10.2.x or even 10.1.x, they were <0.5 seconds. Now, although variable, I have to wait ~1 second to as long as 10 seconds (even for small <100 kb .jpg files) before the preview shows up.

I've also had intermittent wake from sleep problems that I hope are fixed with 10.3.2 (I've got a GeForce 3).