Mac OS X 10.3.3 7F40 Seeded

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Mar 10, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Apple continues to seed newer builds of Mac OS X. The most recent build 10.3.3 7F40 was seeded last night with no known issues, according to MacNews.net.tc -- who expects a final release "any day now".

Areas of major change include Core OS, Carbon, Cocoa, Graphics and Imaging, High Level ToolBox, Printing, and USB.

2. macrumors 6502a

ImAlwaysRight

cool! keep 'em coming!

3. macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

Hopefully this extensive pre-release work will stamp out any drive-erasing, startup-stopping, kernal panic-inducing bugs!

4. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

Neato!

what's a High Level ToolBox?

5. macrumors 65816

Photorun

Hmmm, close to final build and those new G5 rumors.... hmmm.

6. Guest

caveman_uk

It's on the top shelf of the racking...don't put heavy stuff in it as it could fall on your head.

Seriously, I'm glad they seem to be testing this update better than they seem to have before. Maybe we'll have less of the 'The update hosed my system' posts this time? No doubt someone will blame it for making their screen brighter, sound clearer, boot-up longer, safari icon bounce one time more, car breakdown, relationship breakup etc etc...

7. macrumors 6502a

Wonder Boy

finally a new headline. its been ~26 hours since the last one.

8. macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

i swear

this better fix networking. Dave 4.1.1 has been acting really funny lately and so has just the normal netorking. I work with PC's all the time and i need this feature to work smoothly.

9. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    These clues are beginning to piece together like an old episode of Columbo.

I reckons that some time in either the near, or distant future, they may, or may not, release some software upgrade, and or some hardware, either at the same time or with a time lag, or maybe both.

[I think I'm getting used to this rumours game!]

In seriousness, I'm reckoning it's hardware PM G5, on March 23rd, a week after this seed is released onto the public.

10. macrumors member

this better fix the stupid SMB browser. Im sick of it being broken. Its worthless, i've held off on upgradeing people at work to Panther because of this. Its cacheing is totally broken. If i let others use Panther, i'll be at their desk every day helping them connect to our servers.

I think they just plan on keeping it broken until 10.4, so Steve can come out and show us a new and improved version that actually WORKS, so we can say ooooh ahhhhh. They are running out of things to fix in Os X, so i think they are just adding new features that are broken, so that in revisions they can fix them and look like a new feature. iPhoto Rendezvous sharing anyone?

11. macrumors Core

well lets hope this is released soon and that there are no problems with it :p

12. macrumors member

Someone certainly is a glass-is-half-empty kind of person... :(

13. macrumors 601

stoid

I hope this does fix a few problems. For me Jaguar was solid as a ROCK. Whereas Panther seems a bit rough and tumble.

Like I'm a pioneer back in the old west panning for gold.

14. macrumors newbie

Do you guys know if the final 10.3.3 combo will install over 10.3.3 7F34? or Do I have to reinstall Panther in order to get the update? I hope not..
    Thanks,

eMacMan :)

15. macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

i agree...panther has a lot of little things acting up for me, while jag was virtually problem free. fortunately none of the panther bugs are crippling, but it's still annoying (especially the dual disc images after burning in iTune). hopefully 10.3.3 will be the fix.

16. macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

Maybe 10.3.3 will come out with a powerbook G5s!!!!! :D

What? Someone had to say it. . . . man, I don't even want a G5 powerbook yet, but it had to be said.

17. macrumors member

No, it did not have to be said...

18. macrumors member

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but if you don't know the answer to this question, perhaps you shouldn't be dicking around with a pre-release version of the OS.

That said, I would tend to think that the update should go over it, but I really do not know, that is just a guess.

19. macrumors member

i'm not sure, but dont install beta updates on your main system.. its just a bad idea...

thats what laptops are for :)

20. macrumors 68020

daveL

If you don't know the answer to this, you can't be getting the seeds from the ADC site, otherwise you would know about downgrading from intermediate seeds, before installing the new one.

21. macrumors 6502

It's funny

how everyone attacks the guy with a prerelease seed, like he committed some sort of moral atrocity. He just installed a pre-release seed on his system. He didn't steal anything -- just made himself vulnerable to some problems of his own choice. If you can't answer his question, do something postive rather than attacking others.

22. macrumors 68000

crees!

If he is an ADC member he would already know the answer and wouldn't have to ask it here. It's quite obvious he's not a member.

23. macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Happens with every single update, doesn't it ;)

24. macrumors member

IF you had LEGAL access to 7F40 (which would in turn also mean you had legal access to 7F34) you would also have access to reversioners which let you install the latest build...

25. macrumors 68020

daveL

The point is that the answer to the question requires him to have access to restricted files on the ADC site, which he clearly doesn't have. Furthermore, ADC members that do have access are not allowed to distribute those files due to NDAs. Obviously, someone isn't following the rules, otherwise the guy wouldn't have the seed to begin with, but what do you expect those of us that do follow the rules to do for him? I told him what the problem is, but I don't have a solution, other than to suggest he not install bootleg seeds in the future.