Mac OS X 10.4.3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by merlin_1102, Apr 27, 2006.

1. merlin_1102 macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2005

Recently purchased a MacBook Pro from the Apple store with my ADC membership. Unfortunatly my Dad's dog bit into my recovery CD's. Was woundering if the Mac OS X 10.4.3 being sold on the apple site is universal or not. It does not list intel on the right side which says the requirements. I got that CD in the mail today with my ADC membership and I am not sure if it will work. I sort of need it now as I did not realize at the time of formatting that Carbon Applications do not run well with a case-sensitive file system.

Thanks for the help
  2. imacintel macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2006
  3. emaja macrumors 68000

May 3, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Merlin, call Apple and they can replace the original install disks for you. I am not sure what they will charge you - they might do it as a goodwill replacement - but they will be the exact disks you received with your purchase and include all the pre-installed apps that came with your Mac, not just the OS.
  4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Just to add to this, modern Macs will not let you install a version of the OS that is older than the one that shipped with the machine.
  5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    And Apple just a few hours ago updated their site to offer 10.4.6 for sale. Still not Universal though...G3/G4/G5 required.
  6. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

Jan 26, 2004
    probably no intel because all of the intel machines out there came with the OS preinstalled... why would someone need to by a new version of 10.4? (unless they were gonna try to hack something on their PC)...

though i know that doesn't help merlin at all...
  7. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Check the Apple Discussion Boards, one guy there reported getting Apple to replace his recovery disks for ~$18.

8. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

Feb 8, 2006
    Baltimore, MD

Yep, they will send you recovery CD's if you ask for them. They may or may not charge you. I had a problem with the recovery CD's for my mini, and they sent me a new set, free of charge.
  9. merlin_1102 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2005
    Thanks for the help. I will contact Apple and see what they have to say.