Mac OS X 10.4.9 8P125/8P2125 Seeded

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. macrumors bot

    MacRumors

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2001
    #1
    [​IMG]

    According to published reports on the internet, Apple is very close to releasing the Mac OS X 10.4.9 (Tiger) update based on the latest seeds to both their developer and their customer seeding programs.

    This broad seeding generally indicates that Apple believes that their update is ready for the masses. The final seed lists no known issues remaining to be fixed and details fixes to OpenGL, GraphicsDrivers Common Code, Core Image, Sync Services, ImageIO, CoreData and iSync.

    This is the fourth consecutive week of seeding a new 10.4.9 build from Apple.
     
  2. macrumors 6502a

    failsafe1

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2003
    #2
    Does this make people think that Leopard is far away? I hope not.
     
  3. macrumors 68040

    Stridder44

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2003
    Location:
    California
    #3
    Cool bring it on.
     
  4. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2007
    #4
    l33t but maybe i should just wait and not pay attention to these minor upgrades
     
  5. macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #5
    waiting for 10.5.
     
  6. macrumors 603

    SkyBell

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    Texas, unfortunately.
    #6
    Meh, just another update. But as Strider44 said, Bring it on.
     
  7. Moderator emeritus

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Location:
    Gone but not forgotten.
    #7
    It doesn't make me think that Leopard is any closer than it was. It will likely be a while.
     
  8. macrumors 68030

    Platform

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2004
    #8
    10.4.9....hopefully 10.5 will come sooooon.....can't wait :D :apple:
     
  9. macrumors 68020

    Xavier

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2006
    Location:
    Columbus
    #9
    It could just mean they are finishing off Tiger by seeding a 10.4.9.

    Soon we will all see the actual glory of 10.5! I can't wait
     
  10. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    #10
    _
     
  11. macrumors member

    opuslab

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2002
    Location:
    Philadelphia
    #11
    Here comes the Tiger's finale...
     
  12. macrumors 68020

    guzhogi

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2003
    Location:
    Wherever my feet take me…
    #12
    This comes up with every time 10.4 is updated. Why does everyone think that .9 means no more updates? Can't we have 10.4.10, 10.4.11 and so on? Like Apple said, Think Different!™
     
  13. macrumors G4

    Chundles

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2005
    #13
    OK folks, I'll get it out of the way for you:

    newbie: "W00t! 10.4.9 iz teh last version of Tiger, bring on da Leapord"

    normal member: "No, 10.4.9 is just a version number, they can have 10.4.10 or 10.567.123 if they want to, it's not a decimal point. How could it be a decimal point when there's already two of them in the version number anyway?"

    newbie: "Whatever. Leapord iz gunna be out at teh Feb 20th event so 10.4.9 is gunna be teh last Tiger!"

    normal member: "There's no way in hell that Leopard will be arriving any time soon - if there is an event on the 20th which so far there is no compelling evidence to suggest, we might get an extended preview of what's coming but the state of Leopard seeds to developers suggests a long wait before 10.5 comes out - I reckon April 10th will be the day."

    newbie: "April 10th? So if I buy a MAC now will I get Leapord for free?"

    normal member: "Not unless you buy the new Mac after the shipping date for Leopard is announced. Until then you'll have to pay for Leopard."

    newbie: "That is teh suxx0rs. Apple is teh ghey."

    Right, that's basically the gist of the thread so everyone can go back to their business and we'll probably see 10.4.9 next week sometime. iTunes 7.1 sometime the week after when the :apple: TV ships and after that the next big thing will either be a combined 10.5/iLife '07/iWork '07 launch in April or the latter two titles will get a quiet release in March and 10.5 will follow in April.
     
  14. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2006
    Location:
    Clearwater, FL
    #14
    "Actually, I do not think apple will release a 10.4.10 as that would be too confusing"


    :p
     
  15. macrumors 603

    Multimedia

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2001
    Location:
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    #15
    Our Final Step To Leopard

    Bring it on. Means not much further to 10.5.0 Leopard. Happy Spring '07. :)
     
  16. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    Location:
    Canada
    #16
    chundles your post was quite annoying
     
  17. macrumors G4

    Chundles

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2005
    #17
    Ta. It's what I do. ;)
     
  18. Guest

    zblaxberg

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2007
    #18
    chill out dude...you don't know crap about leopard either so sit back and relax like the rest of us
     
  19. macrumors G4

    Chundles

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2005
    #19
    It's a joke Joyce, geeze are all you lot born without sarcasm detectors or what?

    Stop taking everything so damned seriously.
     
  20. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2004
    #20
    New hardware?

    Does the timing suggest new hardware/updated hardware next week?
     
  21. macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Cuidad de México
    #21
    Doubtful

    I hope it fixes my Bluetooth headset!
     
  22. macrumors G4

    Chundles

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2005
    #22
    Possibly but I doubt it.

    The next Intel product in the upgrade path is the T7700 processor (2.4GHz version of the current Core 2 Duo processor shipping in most Macs) that will have to tide us over for the late arrival of the new Santa Rosa platform which will bring the Crestline (Intel call it "Centrino Pro") chipset which combined will give some very handy features. It will keep the current version of the Core 2 Duo processor until the 45nm Penryn versions arrive later this year.

    We're in a bit of a lull from Intel as they get their next kit ready for manufacturing.

    Doesn't mean that we won't see new products based on existing tech but I just don't see it happening as yet - the Penryn versions of the Core 2 Duo processor have some really cool features re: heat and power consumption that make use in a small portable Mac really worth the wait.

    So no, I think we'll be seeing some big software announcements in the first half of this year with Leopard and iLife/iWork/Pro Apps updates and the second half of the year will be more hardware stuff with new Macs, the iPhone and new iPods. Hardware releases closer to the US Back to School and the Christmas buying seasons really help Apple's bottom line as all the shiny new stuff gets free shopping hype from the media.
     
  23. macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Cuidad de México
    #23
    a.k.a. May 2007
     
  24. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2004
    #24
    Thanks. So, no reason for me to delay a hardware purchase. With the 10 day price protection plan, I would at least get a rebate if Apple does release updated/cheaper hardware next week. I suppose I can wait until Tuesday to see. I will have to update more than one Mac, so I need a family pack update for Leopard/iLife, so the software is less of a concern.
     
  25. macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Cuidad de México
    #25
    I have updated the Merom article to better reflect new information about Santa Rosa.

    Please take it into account for new hardware release along with Leopard and iLife/iWork '07 rumors. I honestly think Apple will wait until they can get ahold of Santa Rosa and then release it paired with Leopard.
     

Share This Page