Mac OS X 10.4 Release Event

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Apr 20, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has previously announced that they will be releasing Mac OS X Tiger on April 29th at 6pm with special in-store events across the country.

The world-wide release is expected to bring giveaways akin to previous release parties. Mac OS X 10.3 release parties gave away Panther Dog Tags as well as mousepads. Stores will also be giving away door prizes (such as PowerBooks and iPods).

All in-store Macs will come with Tiger DVD's so any new Macs purchased on that day will come with a copy of Mac OS X 10.4. Of note, retail packages only contain DVD media of Mac OS X 10.4. Users which require CD versions of Tiger must mail in for Apple's Media Exchange Program which offers Tiger on CD for $9.95.

2. macrumors 65816

topgunn

3. Guest

Sky Blue

I hope there's not a major delay on the UK discs being sent out like last time :(

4. macrumors newbie

Sux living somewhere w/ no Apple Store

God how I wish I could make it to open of these Apple Events.

I sucks living somewhere with no Apple Store for 6 hours in any direction.

DD

5. macrumors 65816

yoak

Sucks to live no closer than 2 hours on PLANE to an Apple Store.
    Good luck to the ones who can attend :D

6. macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Hmmm, might have use a sick day or research day and show up with a tent and propane stove.

Somsetters get ready! I'll bring the keg!

Better get there early!

7. macrumors demi-god

Manatee

I'm looking forward to seeing what they're giving away this time. I went to the last one, at the Clarendon, VA store, and there were all sorts of Mac geeks lined up on the sidewalk, waiting for the store to open. They were comparing Mac hardware and knowledge of Apple trivia. I wish Triumph had been there for interviews and commentary. ;)

8. macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

Doofy wants a free Powermac with every purchase of Tiger.
    Well, ok. I'll mail in the $9.95 to have the Powermac shipped to me.

9. macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

10. macrumors member

osiris315

11. macrumors 601

cb911

okay - so what if you don't live near an Apple store?

anyone know if re-sellers in Brisbane here are going to have an event? i can only wish i guess... :(

12. macrumors newbie

Free Spotlight

Over here in Australia the first 100 customers to purchase Tiger from each Apple reseller receive a free mini maglite branded with the spotlight logo.

13. macrumors 68030

Piarco

I've got the day of next Friday and I'll defo be popping down the the Apple Store! As much as I want in, I'm not one for staying outside encamped on the pavement for a couple of hours! How rammed is this gonna get?

14. macrumors newbie

no mag for me

Dammit! I've already purchased Tiger online.. oh well, at least I save money on driving to the Apple store and back - given the free shipping of Tiger when purchased online.

Tiger! Yay! :p

15. macrumors member

No Tiger opening festivities for me either! I can't even get it online as DHL/FedEx would NEVER find me here. I'll just have to wait until I'm in Seattle in a month for holidays! Common new PB, I want to upgrade while I'm stateside. :D

16. macrumors newbie

If that is insider info I'm scared. :eek:

Retro Mini-Mag instead of hi output LED??
    2.7 gig single core no PCIe instead of 3.0 gig DCMP.... ;)

17. macrumors 6502

Fabio_gsilva

Well, there isn't Apple Store in Brazil yet...

According to recente news, Apple will open it's first Apple Store in Brazil in May, in a huge and very beautiful, expensive building. It will sharing it's space with a famous brand of clothes for high society, named Daslu...

Fashion and expensive clothes, fashion and expensive computers...

So, no party here... :(

18. macrumors newbie

10% Off Anything in the Store

For the last two cat events (the release of Jaguar and Panther), everything in the store was 10% off. Time to get those new computers you've been waiting for!

19. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I read somewhere that the 29th delivery date isn't being guaranteed for UK online store orders like it is in the US. I've decided to go to Regent St since they'll have to have it (even if they have to Fed Ex a few boxes over for a 5pm delivery!)

20. macrumors 6502

bommai

Just moved to KC area

We just moved to the Kansas City area from a place with no Apple Store. I am going to checkout the long lines for the first time in person :)

21. macrumors 6502a

Sunrunner

hmmmm

How about they just give away a free.... live Tiger!

Muahahahahahaha! :rolleyes:

22. macrumors 68000

wPod

i think these events are fun. even if all i end up with is a free dog tag or in this case a flashlight. i just wish i had enough money to enjoy the 10% off. but im not sure if that can be 10% off the normal student discount or not.

23. macrumors 6502a

macridah

I love going to apple store events. I've been to apple store openings, iPod events, OS events, .mac events ... my closet is full apple of t-shirts =). Another cool thing, I've seen Steve Jobs twice: once in SF and the other in Palo Alto.

It's too bad for people not close to an Apple store, their really groovy. Living in Northern-Cal ... i got a handful of choices.

I'll take pictures and post for all the macheads that can't be there.

24. macrumors 6502

MacBoyX

I gotta say I am disappointed in the DVD only media option. I bought a family pack and my Mom only has an iBook with a CD no Combo Drive. I guess this means I've gotta figure out how to install over a network? I am sure not paying 10 EXTRA dollars to get CDs. This is bull.

macboyX

25. macrumors 6502

What's that?