Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bound4h0llywood, Jun 14, 2006.

1. bound4h0llywood macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2006
    Does anyone know if Mac OS X Tiger is able to be put onto a windows PC, by splitting the hard-drive.
    I was wondering because of Apple's new Boot Camp Beta which gives users the option to have Windows XP and Mac OS X on the same computer.
    I currently have a Windows, but I would Love to have an apple too.
    Thank you for your help
  2. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR

OS X is for Apple Branded computers only.
  3. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Yep. Apple makes a lot more on selling a $1500 computer than it does selling a $120 OS. And OSes aren't physical - meaning pirating is almost too easy.
  4. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

Mar 16, 2006
    Wishing for a magic bus.
    Technically, you could do it, if you don't mind being sued or arrested for EULA infringement, provided of course you actually bought Tiger for x86, which I don't think actually comes in the boxes, just ships with the new Intel Macs. There are many people out there who have installed Tiger on Dell's, HP's etc, albeit with minor driver issues (sound etc.).
  5. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2002
    I love how the second and third posts perfectly contradict each other. :D

They are both right though. It can be done, but you're not supposed to do it.

Start here
  6. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    No, there is not contradiction. The only release versions of MacOS X 10.4/86 are bundled with Intel Macs. The versions installed on non-Apple PCs are pre-release versions. The linked sites don't really address the OP's question.