Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard 9A343 Screenshots

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 24, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

BabyGotMac posted some screenshots from the latest build of Leopard (9A343).

- 5 new screensavers using Core Animation: Arabesque, Retro, Security, Spectrum, and Word of the Day. Gallery
    - Terminal with Tabs. Gallery
    - Parental Controls. Gallery

Leopard is expected in "Spring" 2007. A recent Page 2 Rumor suggests a Feb 20th Apple event, but this has not been confirmed.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68040

killmoms

Wow! Awesome screenshots! I can't believe them!

Mostly because I can't SEE them. :rolleyes:

3. macrumors member

Guess BabyGotMac has been dotted or dugg, because all i get is 503 service unavailable!

4. macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Apache/1.3.33 Server at babygotmac.com Port 80

5. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

The first two screenies arent worth even mentioning after that the site went down. I cant see anything big or new being shown though.

6. macrumors member

lol! I guess we need to wait Feb 20th and see the whole thing!

7. macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Anyone catch it? Does it use "Illuminous"? I hope it does. It would look sweat! :)

8. macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Mirrors anyone?

9. macrumors 68040

killmoms

Also, "Illuminous" is the fabrication of some fevered Mac fan.

Nothing to see folks, it's Aqua as usual, people just need to get over it now so we can avoid the wailing and gnashing of teeth come Leopard's release. If there was gonna be a new interface, we would've seen it already. All this build-up for the inevitable disappointment is just silly.

10. macrumors G4

Chundles

No, same UI. New Save As dialogue shows a "Media" entry in the Finder sidebar located under a divider below the usual Home, Documents, Images etc. When you click on Media it offers an iTunes-like list of Music/Pictures/Movies with associated tags for artist etc.

The new screensavers looked cool but fairly unimportant and a little difficult to get from a static image.

11. macrumors 603

Warbrain

Ah, great, been ****ed...

12. macrumors 68020

brad.c

Your site hath been strucketh down by the power of the Steve.

Snap!

13. macrumors member

Bleah. Boring!

14. macrumors 68020

brad.c

Hmm. Freudian slip? ;-)

15. macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I miss it :(

this is the punishment for installing windows xp last night in parallels

16. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Looks like the site got MR'd ;)

17. macrumors regular

any mirrors - shine on me :p

18. macrumors member

Digital Fury

LOL! that site has been slash...macrumored. :p

19. macrumors regular

Errrm, I've just been checking out the extra WWDC keynote on ADConiTunes...there's something that worries me.
    At 1:00:02 (ish) in the video...the guy says, "We want your applications to be ready for 2008". TBH I'm a little confused...is this gunna be an addition to Leopard next year?...or is it a clue for when the higher res. displays will debut? What do you think?

(You might want to check out the stuff before it to get the context; resolution independancy.)

20. macrumors 6502a

What makes you say we would've seen it already? What about the top secret features that we haven't seen? What about a new finder?

In your mind, where is the line drawn between what is coming that we won't see until it's announcement, opposed to what's coming that we would already have seen?

-=|Mgkwho

21. macrumors 6502a

Apple didn't warn any developers of their switch to intel until 6 months before it actually happened (at Macworld, 9-12 months overall).

Say Leopard comes out March 24th, that would give developers 6-9 months of it's release into the wild before a deadline similar to the intel transition. Of course, developers have already been playing around with this one. But there are certain things you just can't rush. Changes are possible, but in this case gradual.

Face it, you can't just change the world in half of a year. The iphone took 2.5 years of planning, and another .5 before it's release!

-=|Mgkwho

22. Guest

Darkroom

i disagree... an Illuminous UI (or any UI) isn't something that would have to be sent to developers... Apple could replace the UI themselves, and probably will... also, during last years conference Jobs mentioned that certain elements of 10.5 would be kept top secret until a final release...

23. macrumors 68040

killmoms

In my mind, a "new interface" would be a CRUCIALLY important thing to include in developer previews for developers early on, since so many developers use custom widgets (heck, even APPLE use a ton of custom widgets). Unless Apple want OS X to look any more Frankenstein-ish than it already does, it seems to me they'd want developers to be prepared so their UIs fit into the new look.

I think the ZOMG TOP SECRET stuff was related to maybe resolution independence or something (which we know about, but have never been shown publically). I have a feeling it's far more marketing than "big splashy changes." Plus, we're running out of time before Leopard's supposed to hit. I'd bank on a release between March and May sometime. I just don't see too many pointers that would indicate something as huge as a major interface overhaul that so many people here seem to expect.

24. macrumors 6502a

I guess I just flat-out disagree with you, then.

-=|Mgkwho

25. macrumors 603

Rocketman

It is the date range Apple already announced for the ATN (iPhone) follow-on device with resolution independence.

Rocketman