1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard 9A499 Icons and Screenshots

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 14, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

ThinkSecret has published another gallery of images from the latest build of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) with a focus on many of the new Finder icons which are displayed in high resolution screenshots.

They note that Apple's Leopard icons support higher resolution icons than the 128x128 pixel size limit in previous versions of Mac OS X. Accordingly many of the Finder icons resolutions have been increased.

Article Link

2. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Can someone explain to me why we need higher resolution icons? They're ridiculously big is at is already.

P-Worm

3. macrumors member

PDiPietro

The higher the standard resolution gets for new machines, the smaller those icons are going to seem at a maximum size/magnification.

4. macrumors member

Big screens, higher native res on the already big screens, and also to be cool.

5. macrumors 6502

rph105

expose icon is ugly

6. macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

agreed. It's not really worth it at all in my opnion... can someone tell me why it would be? Resolution independence?

7. macrumors regular

As screen resolutions get better, and screens get larger everything will need to be vector or extremely high resolution.

8. macrumors newbie

Same for Spaces and Screen Sharing. I hope they're just placeholders.

9. macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

well

the new iMac is amazing..look at the AL and Glass! wow

10. macrumors member

hate hate hate

I hate hate hate those new blue folders. Really hate them. What are they thinking?

11. macrumors member

Cover Flow definitely needs a set of icons in higher resolution.

12. macrumors regular

Yeah--but that is just eye candy.... :apple:

13. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

To be honest, I don't want to sit in front of a 35"-40" monitor to do my computer work.

P-Worm

14. hob
    macrumors 68020

hob

Icons.

Great.

Look nice.

this waiting is getting painfully slow... WHERE'S OCTOBER WHEN YOU NEED IT?! :p

15. hob
    macrumors 68020

hob

You don't have to - but now those who do can have super shiny icons :)

16. macrumors regular

How many people would want to work in front of a 24" monitor 5 or so years ago. It would seem much too extravagant; but now...

17. macrumors 68040

elppa

Couldn't agree more, it's an abomination.

They already have a decent looking icon for exposé in system preferences, just enlarge it to 256x256 and call it a wrap.

18. macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I believe that they can be changed to a tan color, but the overall look is the same.

those aside, the icons look great.

native screen sharing is going to rock.

19. macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

"Weh weh weh, make these icons so big?"

"Boo whoo, the blue folders and icons are ugly."

Geez, some of you guys... nit-picking much? :mad:

Shut up and enjoy Leopard when it comes in October. :)

20. macrumors 6502

Need probably has little to do with Apple's mindset. They're moving in a direction, maybe it's 3d.

21. macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

iCal icon looks, er... pixelated. (edit: just seen the note above it)

Why do we even need an exposé icon? Just wonderin' ;)

22. macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

wow

the new imac is great

23. macrumors newbie

Those saying it's overkill to have icons larger than 128x128... I suppose I agree on the actual icon side of things, but Mac OS currently doesn't have a dedicated thumbnails view mode, and right now I only ever use icon mode in Tiger as a thumbnail view at 128x128... I can definitely see myself using icon view in a larger size in Leopard, just to see image previews better.

24. macrumors member

Universal?

i cant remember if they said that 10.5 would be universal or not but i guess the question is answered in the screen sharing photo.

25. macrumors 6502

BKKbill

Well, don't you think they just look better. And as been said where is October this is starting to take as long as Christmas. But what the hey enjoy.:p