Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loser120588

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
I have just watched on youtube the video of Macworld 2000 when steve intorduced the OS X and he Talked about a 12 month release of it were it started out with just retail units (just the CD's) then a whole year later it was pre loaded on hardware. I am in the market to Get a MBP and i have been waiting for leapord to be preloaded on my mac.

Is this going to be the case with leapord or what? :confused: Just wondering.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Leopard will start shipping on all Macs as soon as it's released.

The only exception to this rule will be Macs purchased just after the release date, which may come loaded with Tiger, but a Leopard upgrade disk will be included free of charge.

Jan 30, 2006
I have just watched on youtube the video of Macworld 2000 when steve intorduced the OS X and he Talked about a 12 month release of it were it started out with just retail units (just the CD's) then a whole year later it was pre loaded on hardware. I am in the market to Get a MBP and i have been waiting for leapord to be preloaded on my mac.

Is this going to be the case with leapord or what? :confused: Just wondering.

Not entirely sure but from what I have heard, as soon as it hit stores, all new Macs will come pre-loaded with Leopard.

Correct me if wrong,

Roco:)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
All newly manufactured Macs post-Leopard-release will come with it installed. Macs manufactured before the release will come with Leopard upgrade disks.

Loser120588

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
Thanks

Thank you all for the help know i just have to wait until leapord comes out hopefully it is soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.