Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac OS X 10.6 Cat Name

• Lynx

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Bobcat

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Cougar

Votes: 110 49.8%
  • Caracal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bornean

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Kodkod

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Ocelot

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • Oncilla

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Margay

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 24 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I actually wrote something about this in my blog. I wrote something about the (totally fictional) MacBook nano, running (the equally fictional) Mac OS X 10.6 "Ocelot".

calt

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2006
Zwhaler said:
Cougar seems most logical to me. It is probably the next most-commonly known cat after the ones that have already been used in previous versions of OSX, including Leopard.

Any Aussies here? Remember the 5 cougars ad? The chick with the big tits, maybe she can come out here and launch 10.5/6 :p

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
i say we should name it cougar! it a good name i think.

cougar_snarl.jpg

isn't it a pretty kitty?

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
It should be called Schrödinger.

That way whenever we put the competition in a box, we can sit back and wait until it will fall over dead. Sure it may not always happen, but it come on... Isotopic Poison Switches are always cool.

Next could be Heisenberg so that we could hope to explain why Windows still remains somewhat dominant even though it is extremely inferior and no one can ever track where those market saturation numbers are coming from.

After that, we can have Dirac because by then we will finally have a way for OSX and Windows Applications to coexist without Virtualization or Rebooting.

Then we can move onto Pauli to hope to explain how Microsoft can continue to spin how they still havent come up with an updated OS in the past 10 years.

And finally, we can have Planck because by then the Mac will have a quantum processor at it's core, and it is only fitting that Mr. Quantum Theory gets some credit.

Because truthfully, how many of you have ever heard of Max Planck?

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
I think Ocelot has got a cool ring to it..."And here is Mac OS X.6 Ocelot", Cougar is second place and then Lynx

Cheers

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
projectle said:
It should be called Schrödinger.

That way whenever we put the competition in a box, we can sit back and wait until it will fall over dead. Sure it may not always happen, but it come on... Isotopic Poison Switches are always cool.

Next could be Heisenberg so that we could hope to explain why Windows still remains somewhat dominant even though it is extremely inferior and no one can ever track where those market saturation numbers are coming from.

After that, we can have Dirac because by then we will finally have a way for OSX and Windows Applications to coexist without Virtualization or Rebooting.

Then we can move onto Pauli to hope to explain how Microsoft can continue to spin how they still havent come up with an updated OS in the past 10 years.

And finally, we can have Planck because by then the Mac will have a quantum processor at it's core, and it is only fitting that Mr. Quantum Theory gets some credit.

Because truthfully, how many of you have ever heard of Max Planck?

lol Brilliant, how very physics of you! Can't be called Schrödinger though, cause if its in the box, then it can't exist outside of it, which would be rather annoying! Unless we get a bit of the ol' quantum tunelling, but I don't think eve OSX.6 is even that good! lol

PS I know Max Planck

Cheers

craigsharp@spym

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2006
In all honor to Napolean Dynamite, "LIGER" My next preference would be, excuse me for my spelling, but Mr. Mustofaleese from the broadway hit "Cats"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.