Mac OS X forum theme

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheT, Dec 18, 2002.

1. TheT macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2002
    Either it's me not going to the User cp often enough or this is new... I hope it hasn't been dicussed anywhere, at least I didn't find anything.
    Go to edit options and select the Mac OS X theme, and voilà, your forums look like your OS!
    Did I ever mention that I hated this purple, ugly forum? The Mac OS X one looks much better :D
    ... though I don't like most of the icons, they should be similar to the old ones, just with an Aqua-look to it. But thanks for this option arn!
    And if you out there didn't check it out yet, you should!
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    This theme has been available for quite a while now, I liked it for a bit but I find the standard theme easier to look at and navigate so I've gone back.
  3. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2002
    Yeah, I knew that I probably missed something again :D
    I've had it for 20 minutes now, and I have to agree, it's kinda weird to use... but then again, back to purple? I think arn should give us the option to define our own colors... now that would be sweet!
  4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Its not that bad, its just a little top heavy and takes more time to load. If you're into a slicker looking page and don't mind a little lag I think its fine.

But for me the simplicity of the original site is much better.