1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Mac OS X Leopard: A perfect 10

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 26, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68040

motulist

I remember a time when apple couldn't buy a piece of good publicity in the main stream media. Now the accolades don't stop coming.

3. macrumors regular

Leopard's good, but... a perfect score?

4. macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Leopard is good, but certainly doesn't merit a perfect score.

5. macrumors 68040

queshy

Main problems for me:
    1) BSOD when installing on iMac
    2) animations not as smooth as tiger some times
    3) why is the new photobooth such a memory hog?

6. macrumors 6502a

spriter

I like Leopard, alot. However, nothing is perfect.

7. macrumors regular

not sure about perfect 10....

8. macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I would describe it as a solid, dependable and easy to use operating system, but I just cannot take any article seriously when the word perfect is used. While it is true that those displeased because they have encountered assorted problems are far more vocal than those with zero issues, enough conflicts have been reported by now ... and that alone should keep the highly exalted word "perfect " out of the descriptive mix.

9. macrumors 603

shadowfax

I got to page 3 before closing the browser window in disgust. it's like the opposite of reading nzherald, only worse because you feel like you ought to be on the guy's side. what the heck was he talking about, PCs booting into Office?That made no sense.

10. macrumors 68000

SPUY767

He's painting an overly rosy picture, but he's right one several accounts. I think this is a guy who feels like he got everything he wanted for christmas. I'd say, of the whole article, the final paragraph is pretty spot on.

11. Moderator

yellow

Staff Member

A perfect 10?

This guy must be using 10.5.2, because 10.5.0 and 10.5.1 definitely don't rank above a 7. Hello, ACL/POSIX problems?

:rolleyes:

12. macrumors 68000

I don't think a perfect 10 is right at all, nothing in the world is perfect. I have been experiencing some problems.

13. macrumors regular

14. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I couldn't agree more...

I feel terrible for all of those having OS10.5 issues. For me, it's been the best upgrade I could have wished for.

FWIT - I did a Clean Install of Leopard

15. macrumors member

Is it the best operating system known to man.. yes. (calm down Linux guys)

And i think the 10 is fine.. you have to assume that with any software there is nothing perfect or to everybody's liking.. but its definitely superb and thats what they are trying to convey.