Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
EGT said:
Aren't those David Lanham Icons? I call major BS.

No, I call legitimate.

This explains the earlier rumors swirling about Apple's trademarking the name Cataract™.

Now we know that Cataract is a technology that complements FileVault by blurring icons and names representing sensitive data, thereby preventing it from being accessed by prying eyes.

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
I call fake!

It looks no different then 10.4, except its running UNO :rolleyes:

Also, those are just icons, nothing special

If it was Cataract, why would it blur out the dock and not the OS version, amount of Ram, GB available, user name, etc>? Sure there not that important, but MUCh more important then the dock...

Also, thats Bootcamp assistant, wasn't BootCamp supposed to be integrated into Mac OS 10.5?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
But why would FileVault (which to date only deals with /Users/*) be cateracting /Applications/Utilites/?

Either way, I want those icons. :)

EGT said:
Aren't those David Lanham Icons?

Yeah, looks like it.. score! thanks for the name!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Virtualball said:
If it was Cataract, why would it blur out the dock and not the OS version, amount of Ram, GB available, user name, etc>? Sure there not that important, but MUCh more important then the dock...

Oh, you're right. That makes sense. Okay, it's a fake.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
Wow. I didn't know my Mac OS X setup was actually an internal version of Leopard! Mine looks exactly like that, sans the counter-intuitive tabs at the bottom of the Finder window. Well, that and the hideous "About This Mac" window. I suppose he could have applied those Lanham icons himself, but...

Also, why blur out everything but your name? That would seem to be the first thing a person would want to blur out. And I didn't realize Apple allowed Limewire on their internal dev machines. That's interesting. But it must be credible since the original poster doesn't care if we believe him/her or not. The fakes are becoming more and more humorous.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
I'm sure Apple wanted it removed. It looks so real, and they have their legal staff looking on these forums on a national holiday. :rolleyes:

EDIT: In case someone wants to see this pic, here it is: Apple doesn't care. I want apple to contact me.

Attachments

• screenshot-leopard-build.jpg
    screenshot-leopard-build.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 589

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Removed at the request of the original poster when he realizes that his fake has been proven fake in under an hour...

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I don't know what's worse, the fact that he wasted his time on this, or the fact that he sincerely believed that we would fall for it

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
I think these are totally fake :D. The tab bar on the bottom doesn't make sense, it should be on the top. However, if these are fake, then why would Apple go and make the effort to tell this guy that they want the pictures removed? They didn't do that for the multitude of the other spoofed Leopard pics.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
zephead said:
]However, if these are fake, then why would Apple go and make the effort to tell this guy that they want the pictures removed?

Apple did no such thing...it's a last-ditch attempt by the original poster to perpetuate the hoax as it all comes crumbling down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.