Mac OS X Leopard website?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gary King, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Gary King macrumors 6502

Is there a Mac OS X Leopard website? Like, a news/rumor website, etc.? It seems as though Apple keeps a fairly tight lid on news and rumors leaking out from Apple, though, compared to Microsoft.

I'm looking for something similar to http://www.winsupersite.com/longhorn/ , which is for Longhorn, but one for Leopard :)

2. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

I think it's way too early for Apple to talk about Leopard man.

With Panther and Tiger, Apple began the revealing process very slowly, starting out with a new features site after the keynote and then more and more as information as the new builds kept coming along. Expect maybe a tidbit at the next major stevenote (except for next week's). I wouldn't think we'll have any major announcements until WWDC 2007.

A few things that could happen:

-An Apple-Branded anti-virus App to hold up to a bigger marketshare & Intel Motherboards.
    -A much more powerful, faster and more user friendly Spotlight.
    -A new wow productivity/wow feature like Dashboard and Expose.
    -An overhaul of Finder

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I reckon this place is your best bet for finding out new info on Leopard but it sure doesn't measure up to Winsupersite. Meh, nevermind.

I think we'll see the new G5 PowerBooks before we see this one. Next Tuesday maybe?

4. Orlando Furioso macrumors 6502

Orlando Furioso

Longhorn is so Innovative?

This has probably been discussed to death, but I watched some of the clips demonstrating some of Longhorns nifty new features, and was quite surprised to see how Tiger-like it is. I was hoping "virtual folders" was an alternative method for viewing/searching through files. It is just their take on smart folders (or that idea for file management anyway).

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....Gary, it is *far* too early in the process for there to be any info out there. All Apple has given us is the name - that is it. When Steve decides there is enough progress to show it off and give outside developers copies then there will be more info. Apple keeps a tight lid on things because M$ has this tendency to steal ideas and copy them then claim them as their own "great innovations" .....oh yeah!