Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paradoxeon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
I installed this earlier today... 4:00ish. Left it installing for about an hour; when I came home it told me to restart, which I did. Then I turned it on, fiddled around with it (Safari, Twitter, etc). I then tried to configure the mouse to scroll the 'right way'... all of a sudden this message popped up.

Since then, EVERYTIME I turn my iMac (early 2010) on, it either gives me the message, doesn't turn on at all, is SO SLUGGISH, etc. In none of these scenarioes did it allow me to even log in (well, yes a couple of times I BRIEFLY see my wall paper and then a black translucent overlay rolls over and I see this message... HELP PLEASE :(

P.S. As a last resort, anyone wanna tell me how to uninstall lion back to Snow Leopard?? I have all the discs btw. WITHOUT 'RESTORING' the ENTIRE thing as I do not have backups :(

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
That's a kernel panic, meaning there's probably a low-level problem with your installation. Welcome to the world of beta software.

I would reinstall 10.6 and leave 10.7 to mess around with in an external.

Paradoxeon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for the insanely quick reply, CougarCat. Hahaa I know, I know. Betas... anyway, will do. Oh well. I figured out how to install Snow Leopard again, so no need for anyone to tell me how ;) Anyway... the strange thing is, I'm typing this on a Macbook Air 13, latest version with 4GB ram, and Lion works FINE (installed on both my air and iMac). Huh. Seems like my primary machine doesn't want to be comprimesed. Anyway, thx again.

Paradoxeon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Lol thx for the reply... but... like I said... I can't get into... my account... to access... any applications...

SidewaysTakumi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You don't have to get into applications to repair permissions...

You can do it booted from cd/DVD
http://guides.macrumors.com/Repairing_Permissions

Paradoxeon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Hm. Intriguing. That might... actually.. work :) Wait; would it have the same result if I just installed Snow Leopard from a CD to 'downgrade' from Lion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.