Mac OS X Panther startup movie

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SteveC, Dec 31, 2004.

1. SteveC macrumors 6502

Have you all seen the Mac OS X Panther startup movie that plays after you install Max OS X 10.3 (Panther)? For those of you who have ever installed Panther, you know what I'm talking about I'm sure.

Does anyone know where that Mac OS X Panther startup movie is stored on the OS X hard drive? Is it in the setup application?

It's really nice and I've been trying to find out how I can play it, other than when I install the OS.

Thank you much! :)

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I found it after doing some digging around. Unfortunately, the sound doesn't play...

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SetupAssistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/intro.mov

I can't find the sound file anywhere.

3. SteveC thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice work! Thanks so much for the info. :)

How long did you look for the sound? I wonder if we could find it if we dig deep enough. I'll look around in those directories.

Thanks again. This is great.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You could probably dump it in your StartupItems folder, or just use the system prefs and add it there.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I found it! Here it is:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/intro-sound.aiff

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

LOL I just pasted these together in iMovie so I could hear the sound and see the movie at the same time. I wonder why the audio is so much longer than the video.

7. SteveC thread starter macrumors 6502

Yay!! I'm so glad I posted and asked. Thank you again! :)

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

doesn't the music continue when you're filling out setup stuff? i think i remember it doing that...