Mac OS X Server: AppleCare Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Unspeaked, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

So, Apple has several levels of Mac OS X Server support available, each discussed here:

LINK

My question is, do these contracts provide support for an unlimited number of clients, or does each Xserve need its own license.

I see they clearly state an unlimited number of incidents (at least the top two tiers), but I can't find anything in writing about if you'll need to buy multiple support contracts for multiple boxes...

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I'd imagine that's per copy of OS X Server... but I can't say for sure. I've been taking my chances with Google... so far so good.

3. Unspeaked thread starter macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Well, the line that's throwing me off is in the bar chart, which has this data:

"Number of supported locations: 1 (Select) 1 (Preferred) Multiple (Alliance)"

I assume this is referring to the number of office locations the support contract is good at. Wouldn't multiple locations mean at least two sites with at least one Xserve each? Further, wouldn't that imply that when the lower tiers say 1 location, it means any Xservers in that entire location?

Maybe I'm just misreading...

4. dbater macrumors member

dbater

One for One

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Yeah, locations would seem to refer to persons who are authorised recipients of support rather than computers... tell you what, give them a bell and ask and then let us know, would you? :D