Mac OS X Server problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by munkees, Jun 21, 2006.

1. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

There is no thread for Mac OS Server so I will post here,

I am having trouble with getting client computers to use my Open directory, which is configured on my server, there is little documentation, so I am very confused.

Help

I have open directory Master, configure and running, also I have DNS working and it been test with the clients. I can log on using my users created in the workgroup manager, on the server but I cannot log on from another computer. I have tried using the directory access in apps/utils but I must be doing some thing wrong.

Add a windows machine to a windows domain, is so much easier, than add a Mac OS X client to a Mac OS X open directory :()

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I assume you want to let users log into a Mac, using an aco**** hosted on the Open Directory Master on the Server.

The best way for the client to get that access, is to use LDAP v3. So, in Directory Access, in Services, dubbelclick the LDAPv3 and click on "new". There you fill in the DNS (or IP address), of the Open Directory Master, and use all the defaults.
    Best is to restart the Mac after that.
    Remember to disable "auto-login" in the System Prefs.

3. munkees thread starter macrumors 65816

munkees

Thank you,

I tried that and still no joy, I guess I will have to dive search more online to find out more infor, this is not a well documented area for apple