Mac OS X system graphics folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nicksoper, May 5, 2006.

1. nicksoper macrumors member

nicksoper

I'm on a digital arts degree in the UK and a friend asked me one of those questions where you can't stop until its answered.

He is doing a project where he requires access to his mac os x system graphics files, like the (X, -, +) and the other general OS X interface graphics. The problem being is we can't find the folder or package or bundle.

Any ideas where the Mac OS X system graphics folder is? I've found a lot of graphics in the application package but not the core ones.

Any help would be awesome, otherwise I'll spend all night rooting through folders!

I think its also worth mentioning that this is for educational purposes and is part of a final stage honours project and it not malicious or intended for any other purpose other than the university project. It also does not involve viruses or damaging one or anything.

Cheers

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras.rsrc

you will need a resource editor however to extract the images, themepark is your best bet.

3. nicksoper thread starter macrumors member

nicksoper