Mac OS X (Tiger) Reference Book(s); beyond 'introductory'?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by akm, Aug 3, 2005.

1. akm macrumors member

Jun 16, 2005
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Hi there,

I have tried to do a quick search on this, so apologies if I have just missed an earlier post that deals with this (found material relating to iBooks and eBooks when looking for, well, books).

I consider myself to be a ‘power’ Windows user and just recently made the jump to Mac (with the updated iBooks) :)

While I usually run to forums like this or Google if I have a specific question, being new to Mac, are there any good books people would recommend? I am quite familiar with computers in general, so I don’t need an ‘introduction to Mac OS’ (I can do all the basic stuff like getting my machines to network, installing software etc.), but ‘am looking for something that lets me find out how to get the most out of my Mac (i.e. being productive, or maintenance/trouble-shooting for the Mac etc.).

I guess I’d like to pick up the sorts of tips/short-cuts/advice that one will invariably pick-up with extended use of an OS, but I’m lazy, so would prefer to get a book that gives me all this now :)

Any and all advice appreciated! [I've looked at a few books briefly, i.e. Missing Manual for Tiger, but wanted to hear from those that, unlike myself, have experience using OS X and so may better know how 'good' these books are]

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Feb 27, 2005