Mac OS X Up-To-Date Program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SteveC, Jan 9, 2005.

1. SteveC macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2003
    Hi everyone,

I have a question about the Mac OS X Up-To-Date Program--the program from Apple that allows recent purchasers of a computer or Mac OS to buy the next Mac OS for a lower price.

It's safe to assume they will offer this with Tiger. So my question is:

How long after buying a new Mac, or Mac OX 10.3, can someone buy the next OS (in this case, Tiger) at the Mac OS X Up-To-Date Program price?

What time frame does the Mac OS X Up-To-Date Program usually cover? 30 days..60 days..90 days?
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    It tends to be offered for Macs bought after a shipping date for the next OS is released. So at the moment no Mac purchases will be included in the Tiger Up-To-Date program. If Steve announces that Tiger will be available at the end of summer (say end of August) on Tuesday I would expect that they will limit the Up-To-Date program to Macs bought 30 days before the release.
  3. SteveC thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2003
  4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Apple announced Panther was shipping on October 24, 2003.

This announcement was made on October 8, 2003.

The Mac OS X Up-to-date program period began October 8, 2003 and ended December 26, 2003.

So it's not a set date, it's when Apple makes the announcement for a product release.

You will not be eligible for the up-to-date program before Apple makes the actual product announcement.

If you buy a machine now, and Steve makes the announcemt at MWSF -- you will need to buy a $129 upgrade.

Here is the Original Panther Up-to-Date page....