Mac OSX 10.x relly slow

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NeoNmaN, Jul 30, 2006.

1. NeoNmaN macrumors newbie

Hallo all

i have problems on my iBook G4 in OSX 10.x my system ist relly slow and i can't fint out off whot the problem is.

ect. when i try to play Diablo2 EXP ist relly lag on my computer and on 1,3ghz PPC computer whit 512 Ram so i can't understand why my computer ist so slow ist not optimale and i will relly happy play StarCraft and Diablo2 EXP bot my iBook G4 ist so slow so i don't can play my game :(

i hob i can be helpet here....

:) tanks to all

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Which version of OS X is it? 10. what?

Also, has it always been like this? If not, then it could be a failing hard drive...

3. NeoNmaN thread starter macrumors newbie

i mean i have 10.4.7 on my computer bot im not relly sure :)

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

First of all, is English your native language? If it is, please ensure you make at least some effort to spell your words correctly as it makes a huge difference in understanding what it is you are asking. If not, disregard, we'll try and push through best we can.

First off, what are the system requirements for those games? I am unfamiliar with them and just want to check that you are not playing games designed for a more powerful system.

Are you running any other programs in the background that may be eating up processor/RAM/GPU cycles whilst you are trying to play the games?

When you say "slow" what do you mean? Do you mean the game itself is slow ie. low fps? Do you mean that when you are playing a game the rest of the OS is slow? You have to be more specific.

5. RacerX macrumors 65832

Those are some pretty old games... are you running them in Mac OS X or in Classic? Diablo II can be updated to a Mac OS X native version here and StarCraft here.

6. NeoNmaN thread starter macrumors newbie

When i say slow so i mean all system bot in computer games i can look it relly easy becures in Diablo2 EXP battle.net ist relly slow and lag.

when i use more in maby 5 to 10 window in Mac OSX ist lag when i shift from program to program ist really slow.

i don't know about there are program to kill my CPU, RAM and somthing in my system overview i can look

Ram:
    lock: 66mb
    aktiv: 224mb
    passiv: 206mb
    use: 501mb

free: 10mb
    i only have 512mb right know and i am in OSX right now and not in game.

English ist not my best lang bot i try to type it :) becures in Denmark i can't find easy and fast help to my mac :( and if i use english forums can my English be stronger :)