Mac OSX crashing!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alvespt, May 12, 2006.

1. alvespt macrumors newbie

I've been experience a strange problem in my ibook. when i start my adress book and press the bluetooth button and it trys to connect to my nokia it crashes my OSX and i have to restart the ibook by holding the shutdown buton. any ideias ? its strange because the first time it worked fine... thanks!

2. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

By crashing, do you mean, the screen goes blank, or there is a spinning beachball?

3. alvespt thread starter macrumors newbie

no, the screen doesn't go blank, i just can't do anything, no even go to finder or the apple button to force quit..

4. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

If you press comm+alt+esc, does the force quit screen come up?

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Have you added in any 3rd party RAM lately or any OSX add-ons/hacks?

6. idkfa macrumors regular

I would hardly call that a crash. :p I had a similar problem with my iBook when I was still trying to treat it like my fairly powerful desktop and before I bought more RAM. Every now and then when I would have iTunes, Acqlite, VLC, 5 browsers, etc. open, that would happen. I had two options... Leave it alone until it caught up to itself, or, more frequently, use the force quit option. If you experience something like this, never try to go to the pull down menu to get to the force quit menu, as it will likely not even have the system resources to do so. Use the keyboard shortcut that was posted earlier.

On another note, I have no idea why that is happening if you are only running what you posted... any help from a more seasoned mac user?

7. alvespt thread starter macrumors newbie

now it doesn't crashes but doesnt connecto to my mobile, strange i'm going to try and install the mobile again.. thanks